Monday, June 11, 2007

Sunday evening.

This blog is less than a week old and I'm already neglecting it. I'm glad it's not a baby or a kitten!

Yesterday we visited my fil and then went out to dinner with my parents and sister's family to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday. I am pleased that I got a photo of my dd with my mom and one of my mom, dad, and daughter. I hope they came out okay since the restaurant lighting was a bit bizarre.

I spent part of the day today making cards, which I will scan tomorrow and upload.

I've gotten out my chalks and have been playing around with them. I finally used the "chalk enhancer" fluid and am less than impressed. I'm going to assume the role of (mad) scientist, re-read the directions, and conduct an experiment, which will be comprised of a side-by-side comparison of a regular and enhanced chalked image. I'll be sure to scan and publish my results.

The weather's been too hot for me to open the window in my craft room, so I haven't been able to play around more with the Prismacolor/gamsol technique. I read that using Baby Oil also works to soften and blend the Prismacolors, so maybe I'll give that a shot.

When we returned home on Saturday, I was delighted to find my package of goodies from Cat's Craft Cupboard! I got several adhesive refills, an new VersaFine pad, Art Institute Glitter (to use with my Essential Glue Pad and make huge glittery messes), a thin nib for my Masquepen, and some StampBord! Yay!! It'll be fun to play with the glitter, since I'm firmly in my Bling phase. I also am eager to try out the StampBord.

Cat also put in some samples of Prism cardstock. Wasn't that sweet of her?

So, until I scan the weekend's cards and conduct my experiment, here are some cards!

The stamps are by justjohanna.

I just love the QuicKutz Grand Swirl. I had the EK Success music paper for ages and thought it would be perfect for bird song type cards. I was delighted that the music paper matched both the Basic Grey Blush papers and the Kelly Panacci papers. Pink & brown is such a great color combination.


1 comment:

  1. Love these two cards! And, yes, totally agree! Pink & brown is such a great color combination.
    I've made one like this color combination recently... :)

    ReplyDelete