Monday, June 11, 2007

Playing is such fun! Part #1: Chalk


I just love experimenting and playing with different supplies! Cards and tags are the perfect size to experiment with because they're small enough that if (when) I mess up, I don't feel horrible for wasting product.

I've always loved the dreamy look produced by chalk. I use both chalk pencils (Generals & Derwent) and palette-type chalk (Stampin' Up & Craf-T) that I apply with an alligator clip/pom-pom thingy or with a cotton ball.

I use chalk to color in stamped images, to edge torn paper, and as a background. I pulled out my old Fairy Tale Creations templates recently to create a cloudy sky background and was really happy with the results. If you don't have those templates, a good alternative is using chalking along the edge of a torn paper.

Technique Thursdays is exploring Chalks this week. So be sure to check out that blog as well.

Here's a card that I did this week using chalk. I used chalk pencils to shade and color the woman, chair, and beach. I also used palette chalks to create the backgrounds. I couldn't decide what sentiment to use, so I left it blank for now. The stamp is Stampin' Up, but I don't recall the name of the set. Oops.

5 comments:

  1. You created a dreamy look indeed. It's beautiful! Great use of your chalks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great picture to use with chalks and the like- perfect! Makes me want to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A achived a real watercolor look on this, Nice calking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab use of chalks - such a soft dreamy feel to it. It is amazing to see how different all the cards are.

    ReplyDelete