Wednesday, June 17, 2020

A Cat, A Fiddle, and Some Mice...

I've got a special place in my artistic heart for House-Mouse Designs® rubber stamps, though I do NOT have a place in my heart OR my home for the mice that keep visiting. They seem to enjoy taunting and teasing my cats. However, every now and then, the cats are able to snag one and it gets ugly in a hurry.

Anyway, I digress. I love the April release of House-Mouse Designs® stamps and this one was my favorite, probably because once upon a time, a long ago, I played the violin, though I never did learn to fiddle. I'd imagine that my parents' faces resembled the cat on the right when I first started to play.


Here's my card using The Cat and the Fiddle.


Stampendous Products Used:
House-Mouse Designs® The Cat and the Fiddle Rubber Stamp
Tuxedo Black Memento™ Ink by Tsukineko®

Other Products Used:
Solar White Classic Crest® Cardstock by Neenah Papers
Grey Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Gingham-Linen Rainbow Petite Prints 6x6 Paper by Doodlebug Designs Inc.™
Bramble Rose 6x6 Pad by My Mind's Eye™
Rounded Rectangle Frame Die Set by Frantic Stamper
Black Soot Distress™ Ink by Tim Holtz® for Ranger Industries

Instructions:

  1. Cut a piece of 12x12 grey cardstock in half. Reserve half.
  2. Score the other piece at 6" and fold to form a 6" square card.
  3. Choose a piece of patterned paper from the Bramble Rose pad, trim it to 5.75" square, and edge with Black Soot Distress ink.
  4. Adhere the trimmed patterned paper to the card.
  5. Stamp the image with Memento ink.
  6. Color with Copic markers.
  7. Use one of the Rounded Rectangles Frame dies and die-cut the gingham paper.
  8. Trim the image panel to fit behind the frame die.
  9. Adhere the frame die over the image panel.
  10. Adhere the framed image panel to the card.
Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment