Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Splitcoast Stampers Challenge

SCS has a challenge running based on Louis Armstrong's Wonderful World song, which I absolutely adore and is part of the reason why I purchased the Belle on a Bike set by Technique Tuesday.

I decided to use the Large Birch Trunks (CM-055P) by Third Coast Rubber Stamps again and make a watercolored scene with it.


I wanted to keep the focus on the scene, so I used the Basic Grey Basics Kraft for patterned papers. The sentiment (from the Belle on a Bike set is in a Spellbinders die cut.

Here are the lyrics!
I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom, for me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world...

I see skies of blue, and clouds of white
Bright blessed days, dark sacred nights
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world...

The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces, of people going by
I see friends shaking hands, say, "How do you do?"
They're really sayin', "I love you."

I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow
They'll learn much more, than I'll ever know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Yes, I think to myself
What a wonderful world!

*George David Weiss, George Douglas aka Bob Thiele*

I'll leave you with this!

Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments: