Wednesday, May 11, 2011

In a Grungy Distressed Mood!

Actually, I'm in a good mood, but the All Aboard set by Technique Tuesday makes me want to create vintagey scenes and cards.

This is what I created:


I had seen a variation of this technique in Craft Stamper, an British magazine. Their version took a bunch of different papers, collaged them, stamped on them, then coated them with a layer of gesso.

I took the easy way out and used pre-collaged papers by 7 Gypsies. It's two sided and once side has a grayscale version, the reverse has a colored version. I used both sides.

I stamped the train, plane, and sentiment from the All Aboard set, which I placed into the frame from the Swanky Sentiments set. The images were"fussy cut". I positioned them where I wanted on the grayscale paper, then traced around them with a chalk pencil. Black Soot Distress ink was smudged around the outlines and the stamped images were pasted into position. I still had a place that "needed" something, so I used this flourish from the retired Crown Jewels set, stamped it, colored it, then used a circle punch. I added an Ideology spinner to make it into a quasi-compass.

I edged the piece with more Black Soot, matted it onto black, then onto the colored side of the 7 Gyspies paper, which was sponged with Wild Honey and Tattered Rose Distress ink to match the images a bit better.

When the card was done, I stuck it onto a file box and cleaned up. When I turned around, I noticed that the card was illuminated by a weird lambent light, so I photographed it in situ.

I can blather on, can't I?

Well, thanks for visiting today!

5 comments:

  1. Blather on girl. All the info you can give on this card is welcome. Another prize card for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you worked the patterned paper with the stmps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, fun fun fun! Love the collage look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!! I have been hoarding that same paper for too long! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is way too cool!!! Love everything about your card!

    ReplyDelete