Friday, May 27, 2011

May is National Bike Month!

Did you know that? I didn't and I'm married to an avid cyclist who rode a "Century" (100 miles) last Sunday! I'm no cyclist and can barely manage five miles on a stationary bike. I get "blissed out" and spacey, so I'd likely have really bad results riding on a road.

Anyway, I created this card in honor of National Bike Month and to complete a challenge at Technique Tuesday's SCS forum. I started the card on time, but did not finish it in a timely fashion. I got sidetracked by other stuff.

Here it is!


I used my new Belle on a Bike set from Technique Tuesday. She was colored with Copic markers, as was the sentiment. I wanted the very old MAMBI patterned paper, but colored the blue spiral flowers to match her skirt. I used red polka dot paper by Color Bok in honor of the talented, sweet, and very kind Teri, who I saw last week. Teri loves polka dots and made me love them too.

BTW, the two-tone effect on the sentiment was intentional.

Plus, I used two shaped eyelets from my huge stash. Shocking I know. *grin* I'm so proud that I've been using older stuff from my stash. Yahoo. Go me.

2 comments:

  1. Love this card. Great design, coloring and that stamp is awesome!

    ReplyDelete