Saturday, May 28, 2011

Do you believe in Magic?

Now that I've typed that, I have that song in my head. It's a pleasant song, so it's okay for now!

Since I'm trying to mix things up a bit and since I've had this idea percolating in my head for a while and since I need to build up my stash of birthday cards, I decided to go a bit magical and mystical with this card.



I stamped Third Coast's Wizard (ES-201-F), colored him with Copic markers, masked him with Misket Friskit, then overstamped Third Coast's Large Birch Trunks (CM-055 P),. I peeled off the mask, colored the trees, and added a background -- all with Copic markers.

I diecut a scalloped oval from vellum, then stamped the sentiment, which is from the Fairy Fantasy Unmounted Sheet by The Enchanted Gallery.

Since I'm in a "use up the stash" mood, I used some old Making Memories pewter corners on a black cardstock mat, then on a black card base.

Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. these stamps are really cool! great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Job on your cards Kathi...I really like those birch trees gonna have to invest in them!

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, fabulous masking to create such a fun scene!

    ReplyDelete