Thursday, May 5, 2011

Birthday card Trifecta!

I had to make a birthday card for a friend, who loves flowers, walking in the park, and spending time out of doors. So I decided to make an outdoors scene for her and do a trifecta of challenges!

Here it is!


The scene was created with Taylored Expressions In the Park set. I did a whole lotta masking using the Masquepen and Eclipse Tape. Of course, after I finished all the masking work and die cutting, I messed up the bird path. :( Oh well. Perfection is overrated.

The scene was colored with Copic markers. I used my airbrush for the second time, this time with an old cloud stencil, to create the sky. I still don't have the hang of airbrushing, but I'll persevere.

The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions Branching Out set because it fit the diecut better. :D

The card uses Taylored Expressions Sketch #137 and also meets the "Sky and Clouds" challenge, #49, over at Copic Creations and the Grass challenge, #28, at iCopic Lover.

The patterned paper is Basic Grey Mellow. I wish they hadn't retired that collection. I love the colors. I love the patterns. I just plain love it. I also used QK scalloped borders and Spellbinders label dies.

I hope my friend likes her card and her present!

Thanks for visiting today!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kathi! Wow! What a fabulous sky background you have created. I'm thinking about picking up one of those air brush systems. Looks like you're doing lovely things with yours ;D Great card! Hugz, Cheryl

    Thanks for joining the challenge this week at Copic Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sweet little scene!

    I really liked Mellow, too. Still have a little bit left, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the coloring, especially the sky and grass. The papers are just right for the bench and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathi, your clouds are marvelous on this great little park bench scenery card! So glad to see your entry at Copic Creations. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely masking! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your card is gorgeous! I especially love the sky background - awesome job. So glad you could join us at Copic Creations! hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete