Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Steampunk Card

It's Tuesday, which means that it's my day to share a project created for Topflight Stamps. As you know, I love Steampunk and I love cats, which means that when I saw That's Crafty's new Steampunk Darlings sets, I knew that I had to have them. So far I've got two sets, but that will change, especially since there's a set with a bunch of cats. 

Anyway, since I've decided that this week is Steampunk week on my blog, I decided to use my new Steampunk Darlings Set 2 by Kelly Horton for That's Crafty I also used the wonderful Steampunk Border Clear Stamp #116 by AALL and Create.

Here's the card, which does not have a sentiment. I don't know who will get the card for what occasion and the way things were going in the craft room, I didn't want to tempt fate.


Topflight Stamps Products Used:

PSA: There are lots of fantastic new products at Topflight Stamps, so you should definitely click on over there after reading my instructions! BTW, if you'd like to get 12% off your order at Topflight Stamps use THIS LINK!

Other Products Used:
Solar White Classic Crest® Cardstock by Neenah Papers
Blue Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Copic® Markers:
   Skin: BV0000, BV000, E000, E00, E11, E21, E50, R20
   Lips: E04, RV43
   Eyes: YG05, YG17
   Hair: B05, B16, BG01, BG02, BG05, BG07
   Flowers: R21, R22, R24, Y35
   Leaves: YG05, YG17
   Outfit and Hat Band: YR02, YR04, YR07, YR18, YR61, YR65, YR68
   Feather, Stockings, Gloves: BG00, BG01, BG02, BG05
   Shoes, Belt, Hat: N4, N6
   Cat: C00, C0, C2, C3, C4, C6, C7, B60, YR05, YR07, BG01, BG02, BG05
Gold Stardust® Glitter Gel Pen by Sakura
Gold Leafing Pen by Krylon®
Imagine 8x8 and 12x12 Patterned Paper Pads by Graphic 45®
Gold Foil Sticker Border by Starform

Instructions:
I was not having a great day in the craft room and tried to do my usual stamp, mask, and stamp or stencil over the image, but things were just not working out according to plan. So I went with Plan B. It's good to be flexible like that.
  1. Cut 12x12 blue cardstock to 10" x 7", score at 5" mark, and fold to form an A7 card. Set aside.
  2. I stamped both the cat and one of the three fabulous Steampunk women from the Steampunk Darlings Clear Stamp Set 2 onto white cardstock and fussy-cut both images. 
  3. I decided to take the easy way out and use patterned paper for part of the background. That of course turned out to be not easy as I collect Steampunk patterned paper. I knew that I wanted some flowers, so after a bunch of dilly-dallying, I settled on the papers from the Imagine pads.
  4. Both images were colored with Copic markers,
  5. Gold glitter pen was added to the brass accents on the image,
  6. A black marker to cover those unsightly white edges created by fussy-cutting. I hate white edges, except when they're intentional.
  7. Using Onyx Black VersaFine ink, the Steampunk Border Clear Stamp #116 was stamped onto blue patterned paper from the same pad. 
  8. I trimmed the paper, used a scissor blade to distress the edges, and then used a gold leafing pen to gild them.
  9. The patterned papers were layered and clock-themed washi tape was added to the bottom. 
  10. The edges of the card front were distressed and I added gold leaf pen to them. 
  11. I decided thatI should add a gold foil sticker border, so I did. 
  12. The card front was adhered to the blue card.
  13. The colored images were adhered as shown to finish the card.
Thanks for visiting today!


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, love the colouring of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this combination of whimsy & steampunk, so pretty, I love this look!
    Jane x 🌴 Island creativity 🌴

    ReplyDelete