Friday, August 14, 2020

A Steampunk Card - Soar!

Here's another Steampunk-themed card.


Truth be told, I stamped, colored, and fussy-cut this image ages ago, put it "somewhere safe", and discovered it when forced to move the stuff in my craft room around due a leak in the roof causing it to rain in the the kitchen, which necessitated access to the attic. Yeah. For real. Like that made sense in any world but mine.

But I was glad that I did find the image because I found out that it really is true. You can go back again and touch up your Copic coloring! She looked a little flat, so I went back in and worked on her hair, skin tones, and changed her eye color. Now someone needs to do that to me.

I ended up coloring the hot air balloons with my Copics because:
  1. I wanted to add color to the background.
  2. I like coloring patterned paper to make everything all matchy matchy.
  3. In all my patterned paper, I couldn't find anything that said "Yeah baby! That's it!'
  4. I'm a bit demented.
  5. All of the above.
Anyway, because I colored the image ages ago, I can only give a guess of which colors I used for the image. 

Products used:
Steampunk Woman by Crafter's Companion
Steampunk Sentiments by Creative Expressions
Arrows Dinky Stencil by That's Crafty
Cartographer 6x6 Patterned Paper Pad by Prima Marketing®
Blue Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Solar White Classic Crest® Cardstock by Neenah Papers
Tuxedo Black Memento™ Ink by Tsukineko®
Jet Black StazOn® Ink by Tsukineko®
Black Soot Distress® Ink by Tim Holtz® for Ranger Industries
Copic® Markers:
  Guesses: Skin: BV0000, E000, E00, E11, E21, E50, R20,
                Lips: E04, RV43, R32
                Hair: W0, W1, W2, YR30, YR31, Y11
                Outfit: E33, E35, E37, E44, E47, BG70, BG72, BG75, Y21, Y23, Y26
  Hot Air Balloons: Balloons: R30, R32, R35, BG72, BG75, B21, B23, B24, B26
Cloudy Blue Sky Vellum: Source Unknown
Slimline Postage Die by Whimsy™ Stamps

Instructions:
  1. Stamp the Steampunk Woman using Memento ink.
  2. Fussy-cut and edge with a black marker
  3. Color with Copic markers.
  4. Put "somewhere safe". This is a small miracle.
  5. Discover image an indeterminate period of time later, when forced to move all the craft stuff around the room and into other rooms, so the dudes can access your attic to fix the leak that is causing it to rain in your kitchen.
  6. Touch up the coloring of the image and be happy that it's possible to do so.
  7. Go through all the Steampunk-themed patterned paper you have and finally settle on one that works with the image.
  8. Color the air balloons, trim to 5.75" square, and edge with Black Soot Distress ink to create the card front.
  9. Use StazOn ink to stamp the sentiment onto cloudy blue sky vellum.
  10. Cut the sentiment with the Slimline Postage die.
  11. Flip over the die-cut and lightly sponge/brush StazOn ink over the Arrows Dinky Stencil.
  12. Adhere the Steampunk Woman to the cardfront as shown.
  13. Adhere the sentiment to the cardfront as shown.
  14. Cut a piece of 12x12 blue cardstock in half.
  15. Score one piece of the cardstock at 6" and fold to form a 6" square card.
Thanks for visiting today!



2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing. I had to come see it from FB (I thought it was a piece of patterned cardstock when I first saw it.) Love your coloring of everything.

    ReplyDelete