Friday, August 3, 2012

Welcome to Happy Town!

You can probably tell that I was in a whimsical mood when I created this card.



I was in the mood to create a scene, so I pulled out my Happy Town stamp by Victoria Case for SCACD. Since I sometimes like to create back stories for my stamps, I tried to figure out who might live in this cute village and remembered all the Chicklet stamps by the late lamented Odd Bird Planet.

So I stamped the lady & gentleman chicklets, masked them with Cansor & Newton masking fluid, then stamped Happy Town. I decided that the scene was missing a little something, so I added the little something fairy chicklet atop one of the houses and a trio of hearts.

I lifted the mask, colored the scene with Copic markers, masked again with masking fluid, airbrushed the background, lifted the mask, added glitter and Glaze pen accents to the windows, a lovely glittery skirt to the fairy chicklet, and then wrote a huge run-on sentence to describe my process. BTW, I colored first, then chose papers, which is a deviation from my norm. Oddly freeing.

We know a lot of folks (including ourselves) who celebrate anniversaries this month, so I added a Paper Trey Mixed Messages sentiment to a die cut.

The striped pattered paper is by Basic Grey and I'm not sure who makes the paper with the big dots.

Thanks for visiting today!

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Kathi! Love the brightly colored houses and the darling little chicklets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I love your run-on sentence, it fits you and your blog so well, and I would never be able to do anything like that in a million years, but I also love the card, it is adorable and the colors are wonderful; I would be afraid, though to color first and then pick the papers, cuz I am not a very brave person. Seriously, though, Kathi, this is just darling! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute Kathi! Love your story with it, too. Fun scene you've created here!

    Fun meeting you at the copics class! Enjoy your new TH paper.

    Hugs~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whimsical looks great on you! Love the colors you've chosen for the house and the layout shows the image off wonderfully

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun & whimsical card, Kathi! Love the mix of papers/patterns - your coloring of the image matches perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooooooooooooooo fabulous. I just love this image, need to use it more!!

    ReplyDelete