Sunday, August 19, 2012

Late for one, on time for another.

Bwa ha ha. I've gotten really good at procrastinating.

In fact, this is the second card that I started this week and didn't finish in time for the challenge deadline. Bad, bad ADHD me.

I started to create this card for Kenny K's Krafty Krew's Challenge 106, "Sun, Sea, and Sand", but didn't finish it time for the deadline. However, since it was 95% done before we went out to dinner, I finished it when we got home. BTW, dinner was delish and we had a really great time with friends.

Thankfully, the card will work for one challenge, namely Outlawz Copic/Promarker Friday's "Splash" challenge.

I must warn you it's a bit demented. That's what happens:
a) when you're me.
b) when you're me in a really odd mood.
b) when you create during "Shark Week".

So, without further ado:


So, the image is Inner Tube Girl and was a freebie from Kenny K Downloads. The sharks are from a google image that I adapted to my use. The scene was colored with Copic markers. Clear Glaze pen was added to the tube, her hair (to make it look wet), and her eyes. Pearl Paint Dabber was added to the water drops.

I punched a circle in scrap paper, sponged Mustard Seed Distress ink over it onto light blue cardstock to become the sun. Then I sponged Wild Honey over a circle burst stencil by The Crafters Workshop to become the sun rays.

The "sentiment" was created from very old ribbon and Doodlebug rub-ons on an equally old QuicKutz tag. The patterned paper is also very old, from the late, lamented Flair Designs.

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall be entering the following challenge(s)
Kenny K's Krafty Krew's Challenge 106, "Sun, Sea, and Sand"
Outlawz Copic/Promarker Friday's "Splash" challenge.

3 comments:

  1. I saw this first on the Outlawz and it just cracked me up! Oh, my, you are one scary young lady! (Oh, just kidding!) I love it--such a great job on this LOL scene! Thank you for making my day! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this is too funny! Love the cute sentiment and the creative use of the shark fins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've created a double background with your coloring and then the paper. Very cool effect.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete