Monday, August 27, 2012

Beary Sweet Pals!

Susana, of SCACD fame, offers amazing service! Not only does she ship quickly, she's accurate and includes great goodies that are not fattening. Gotta love that.

My "Beary Sweet Pals" card is based on sketch by Pals Paper Arts challenge blog.

Here's the sketch:


Here's my card:


The stamp is called The Secret and is by Elizabeth Bell for SCACD. I really love the bear's facial expression! She looks downright shocked, though I can't imagine what could be so shocking and/or scandalous coming from that adorable little girl!

I colored the image with Copic markers and tried to add cast shadows. However, I think I managed to completely mess up the light source and hence the shadows. Oh well. It's still kinda cute and I'm moderately happy with it. Plus, it reminds me of an outfit my daughter used to wear when she was a cute little girl and liked pink! I don't think she'd be caught wearing pink these days unless it was pink with skulls on it! Oh yeah. I put Glaze pen accents on the bear's nose, eyes, and buttons.

The patterned papers are all from the Bittersweet 6x6 pad by Basic Grey. I love using older stuff, so I can get newer stuff. I'm now over getting multiples of paper and paper pads. There's always something new and better out there. It took me 12 years of paper crafting to figure that one out. Oh well. The papers are kind of busy together, but I think that the focus remains on the sweet stamped image. Or at least I hope so! :D

Thanks for visiting today.

I shall enter this card in the following challenge(s).
Pals Paper Art Challenge Blog: Sketch Challenge

3 comments:

  1. Perfect combination of prints! Thanks for playing at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love all of the different patterns you've used on this card and the layout works beautifully with this image. I think your coloring looks amazing.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathi, this is super darling! Love the pinks (who, me?) and you did a great job of coloring that adorable image! I love the patterns together and they do not take away from the image at all! You're right about Susana--she's great to do business with! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny
    P.S. My daughter no longer wears pink either! But she's also not into skulls. But then she's almost old enough to be your daughter's mom. Oh, there's a scary thought. That makes me old enough to be your daughter's granny. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

    ReplyDelete