Saturday, May 22, 2021

Shenanigans!

I know it's Saturday, but I'm sharing a card created for  But first, I want to remind you that Topflight Stamps is holding a Moving Sale, so you really ought to pop over there right now to check out all the wonderful products that you can get! Think of it as your good deed for the day. You'll help the store by lessening the amount of stuff that needs to be moved. So it'll be a win for you and a win for Topflight Stamps!


Time to move onto my card. As you might now, I'm a crazy cat lady, What you don't know is that I have a bit of a mouse problem. They get into the house, the cats hunt them, play with them, and I end up having to deal with the result. So, when I saw the Playing Cat and Mouse Clear Set by The Card Hut,  I had to have it. It has cats. It has mice. It has mice turning the tables on the cat. Brilliant!

Here's my card, that I'll likely sent to a fellow cat lady. 


Topflight Stamps Products Used:

Other Products Used:
Solar White Classic Crest® Cardstock by Neenah Papers
Grey and Taupe Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Tuxedo Black Memento™ Ink by Tsukineko®
Copic® Markers: E50, E51, E70, E71, E74, R01, R30, R32, C0, C1, C2, C3, YG01, YG03, YG05, YG11, YG13, YG17, YG41, YG45, B00, B12
Pastel Pearlescent Palette Chalk by Pebbles
STAY-tion™ by Wendy Vecchi for Ranger Ink
Stamping Platform

Instructions:
  1. Select the cat and mice stamps you want to use. I chose the mice with the hose and the wettest looking cat. 
  2. Use magnets to secure white cardstock to the base of the stamp platform.
  3. Position the cat and mice stamps facedown onto the cardstock. Press the platform lid onto the back of the stamps, Lift the lid.
  4. Ink the stamps with Memento ink and stamp. Repeat if necessary for a good impression.
  5. Color the mice, cat, and grass with Copic markers. 
  6. Use palette chalk to add the sky.
  7. Use the smaller of the two frames included in the Scalloped Rectangles Frame Die Set to cut taupe cardstock.
  8. Adhere the frame over the image panel and set aside.
  9. Secure a piece of grey cardstock to the STAY-tion.
  10. Starting on the left, brush Wild Mushroom Prism Ink over the  Paw Prints Dinky Stencil #TC070.
  11. Move the stencil to the right and repeat Step #10, twice.
  12. Trim and edge the piece with Wild Mushroom Prism Ink.
  13. Adhere the stenciled background to a taupe card
  14. Add the framed image panel to finish the card.
I really wanted to add the word "shenanigans". Alas, I didn't have that as a stamp. Oh well.

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment