Saturday, July 7, 2012

Kenny K Congratulations card!

Two of my pals recently made the Kenny K Krafty Krew DT and I'm so happy for them both for two reasons. The first reason is that they will both rock Kenny K's stamps and second reason is because they're best pals and will have such fun with this new gig. So hearty congrats to two superstars, Torrey and Jodi.

The new Kenny K's Krafty Krew's first challenge was "Patriotic", so I used red, white, and blue for the card.

Here's the card using the Showgirl from the Retro Collection by Kenny K.


The Showgirl needed a close-up photo!



The Showgirl was colored with Copic markers. I used clear Glaze pen on her lips, shoes, and buttons for some dimension and shine.

The star paper is from an unknown source since it was from my scrap stash. The circle paper and the dotty paper are from Bo-Bunny. The gold stars (between each flag in the banner) and the sentiment are Stampendous sparkly stickers. The gold wiggly line across the base of the scalloped Nestie is a sticker, source unknown. The banner die cut is from Taylored Expressions and was popped up on dimensionals.

Thanks for visiting today!

This card shall be entered in the following challenges:
Kenny K's Krafty Krew #100: Patriotic
The Kraft Outlet #78: Red, White, and Blue

10 comments:

  1. Kathi, this is really cool! Love your image--and the whole thing is actually CAS! No fair. ;^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, I love that image and you have made a stunning card. Thank you for joining us at the new Kenny K challenge site, it's great to have you here and I hope we will see a lot more of you too. Good Luck and take care,
    Andy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! That girl really goes great in those colors!

    Thank you for joining us at KennyK Krafty Krew this week :)

    //Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like her - she's "sassy"... Love this one, the banner is adorable and your Bombshell is "dabomb".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great patriotic card. You rocked that Kenny K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathi, this is STUNNING!!! That banner you created makes my heart SWOON!!! WOW!!! Congratulations to both of your friends on their new DT positions!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog during The Outlawz celebration :) I appreciate the follow and am now following you as well. I hope to see you in more of The Outlawz challenges ;) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab patriotic themed, card! Beautiful coloring and love the papers & banner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome use of red, white and blue!! Love how you've colored her and the banner is so cool

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the way, "You are just tooooo sweet"... and thanks a ton for the gratz! I feel very blessed!
    Love ya,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, Kathi...you make me blush. Thanks for the kudos, darlin'. Your card is FaBu! I immediately think of Betty Grable. Oh, and thank you for playing with us at KKKK. <3

    ReplyDelete