Saturday, June 26, 2021

Another Day, Another Lady Vagabond Steampunk Card!

I know it's not Tuesday, but I'm got a card to share with you which I created for Topflight Stamps. This week my teammates and I are showcasing Stamperia's products and I couldn't resist creating another card with the wonderful Lady Vagabond Flying A5 Foam Mounted Stamp Set. This time I used the focal image of the set, though the Steampunk Cat in the set is pretty fabulous too!

Here's the card! 


Topflight Stamps Products Used:
Lady Vagabond Flying A5 Foam Mounted Stamp Set by Stamperia

PSA: There are lots of fantastic new products at Topflight Stamps, so you should definitely click on over there after reading my instructions. especially since there are loads of new goodies.
BTW, if you'd like to get 12% off your order at Topflight Stamps use THIS LINK!


Other Products Used:

Solar White Classic Crest™ Cardstock by Neenah Papers
Green cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Tuxedo Black Memento™ Ink by Tsukineko®
Copic® Markers: G20, G21, G24, G28, G40, E42, E43, E70, E71, E74, Y0000, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28, C0, C1, C2, C3, C5, N4, N5, N6, <B21, B21
Copic® Colorless Blender Solution
Copic® B21 Ink Refill
Mini-Mister by Ranger Ink
Silver and Gold Stardust® Glitter Gel Pens by Sakura® of America
Silver Chain Stickers by Starform

Instructions:
  1. Cut a piece of 12x12 green cardstock in half, score at 6", then fold to form a 6" square card. 
  2. Use Tuxedo Black Memento Ink to stamp the focal image.
  3. Color the image and background with Copic markers.
  4. I wasn't happy with the background. It was splotchy, but I didn't want to toss the colored image because I was mostly happy with it. So I went with Plan B.
  5.  had stamped and fussy-cut the image earlier but wasn't happy with my cutting, so ended up using that version as a mask for the next step. 
  6. I put some colorless blender into a Mini Mister, added some B21 Copic reinker, then sprayed it over the masked image, which worked really well to soften the background.* If you do this, I suggest you open a window because the process was kind of stinky. 
  7. Trim the image panel to 3" x 6" and mat with green cardstock that is .25" wider. 
  8. Add silver Starform chain stickers to either side of the image on the mat.
  9. Adhere the matted image to a sheet of the Vintage Maps 6x6 Patterned Paper pad to create the card front.
  10. Trim the card front to 5.75" square and edge with Evergreen Prism Ink.
  11. Adhere the card front to the reserved 6" square card.
Notes:
*If you do mix and spray the reinker/colorless blender combo, I suggest you open a window because the process was kind of stinky. True confession:  I like the smell of solvents.

**I couldn't decide on a sentiment, so I chose not to use one. 

Thanks for visiting today!


No comments:

Post a Comment