Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Bat Cat Halloween Card

 It's Tuesday, which means it's my day to share a card created for Topflight Stamps! Since it's now officially fall, it's time to turn (almost) my full attention to things Halloween. 

I decided to create a little scene with the Bat Cat Witch, aka Zinski Mini Zini 07 Rubber Cling Stamp by PaperArtsy, who is doing some research in her personal Halloween library, which was created with the Book Spines Frame Stamp Red Rubber Cling Stamp by Darkroom Door, two skull bookends from the Mr. Bone Jangles Clear Polymer Stamp Set by Visible Image, and wallpaper made with the Forest Leaf Stencil by Stamperia.

Here it is! 


Here it is staged on a bookcase with a friend.


 

Topflight Stamps Products Used:

PSA: There are lots of fantastic new products at Topflight Stamps, so you should definitely click on over there after reading my instructions! BTW, if you'd like to get 12% off your order at Topflight Stamps use THIS LINK!

Other Products Used:
Solar White Classic Crest® Cardstock by Neenah Papers
Purple and Black Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Tuxedo Black Memento™ Ink by Tsukineko®
Milled Lavender and Black Soot Distress® Inks by Tim Holtz® for Ranger Industries
Copic® Markers:
   Bat Cat: C1, C3, C5, BV23, BV25, V15, V17, RV91, RV93, YR14, YR27
   Books: BG93, BG96, V91, V93, V95, V99, YG93, YG95, YG97, W4, W6, N4, N6, E84, R56
   Skulls: E40, E41, T1, YR30, YR31
   Bookshelf: E21 E23 E25, E4
Halloween and Apothecary idea-ology® Remnant Rubs by Tim Holtz® for Advantus
Family Matters and Disclame Fortunes Rub-Ons by 7 Gypsies
Presto™ Roman Rub-on Letters and Numbers
Helvetica Rub-Ons by WH Smith (that date from 1993)
Removable ID Labels by Avery®
STAY-tion™ by Wendy Vecchi for Ranger Industries
Stamping Platform

Instructions:
  1. The Bat Cat Witch, aka Zinski Mini Zini 07 Rubber Cling Stamp, was stamped onto white cardstock, fussy-cut, colored with Copic markers, and edged with a black marker. I took her photo before I set her aside to work on her library. See Exhibit A below!
  2. The Book Spines Frame Stamp and the two skulls from the Mr. Bone Jangles Clear Polymer Stamp Set were stamped onto white cardstock. I used both sides of the stamping platform and kept the paper secured to the base while I flipped the lid of the platform. That was a first for me at least in that regard because I have flipped my own personal lid before, which I am sure does not surprise you in the least.
  3. Since I knew that I'd want to add a background to  the image, I also stamped book spines and the skull onto repositionable label paper, which I use as masking paper after fussy-cutting it.
  4. So, yeah. I fussy-cut the skulls and the book spines and set them aside for a bit of time.
  5. The book spines, the skulls, and the "shelf" were colored with Copics.
  6. I secured the image panel to my STAY-tion with magnets, placed the magnetic ruler horizontally over the image panel to cover the "shelf", and adhered the masks over their counterparts on the image panel
  7. Milled Lavender Distress ink was sponged over the images to color the background. 
  8. The Forest Leaf Stencil was secured over the image panel with magnets  being sure to keep the magnetic ruler over the "shelf", then Milled Lavender Distress ink was sponged over the stencil onto the image panel to create a tone on tone background, which if you've been here before, you'll know is one of my fave things to do.
  9. All the masks were lifted and a whole batch of rub-ons were used to add titles to the book spines. I'll admit I had a lot of fun with that, so much so that I took a photo to share with you. See Exhibit B below!
  10. The image panel was edged ith Black Soot Distress ink.
  11. Black cardstock was cut larger than the image panel and used to mat it.
  12. The matted image panel was adhered to a purple 8.5" x 4" card. 
  13. The Bat Cat Witch was adhered to finish the card.
Exhibit A — The colored fussy-cut bat cat witch

Exhibit B — The book shelf, book ends, and shelf with wall paper behind them.


Thanks for visiting today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment