Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Believe

It's Tuesday, so it's time to share a card that I created for Topflight Stamps, featuring the gorgeous Dragon Clear Photopolymer stamp set by Pink Ink Designs. The detail on this stamp set and all of Pink Ink Designs' stamp sets is absolutely incredible. You should check them out!

Here's my card:



Topflight Stamps Products Used:

Other Products Used:
Cryogen White Curious Metallics Cardstock
Tuxedo Black Memento™ Ink by Tsukineko®
Copic® Markers: 
    Dragon: B63, B66, B69, RV52, RV91, RV93, RV95, BV20, BV23, G21, G24
    Background Dots: B0000,
Glitter Cardstock by DCWV
Commodore Blue Cardstock by My Colors/My Mind's Eye
Vellum by Strathmore®
Believe Die: I don't recall who made this die. Oops.
Make Art STAY-tion™ by Wendy Vecchi/Ranger Industries
Cutterbee® Circle Curvy Cutter™ by EK Success 

Instructions:
  1. Cut the 12x12 piece of blue cardstock in half. Score one of the pieces at 6" and fold to form a 6" square card. Set aside.
  2. Using Memento ink, stamp the image onto Cryogen White Metallic cardstock. Give the ink a few minutes to dry or heat set.
  3. Color the image with Copic markers*. 
  4. Use the Curvy Cutter to cut a 5.75"-ish circle from vellum to create a transparent mask.
  5. Place the vellum sheet over the image panel with the circle opening where you want.
  6.  Secure both the image panel and the vellum with magnets.
  7. Sponge Periwinkle Prism ink over the edge of the circle onto the image panel.
  8. Repeat Step #7 with Dusky Rose Prism ink.
  9. Remove the vellum and reserve for another day.
  10. Trim the image panel to 5 5/8" square.
  11. Use Copic markers to add dots around the dragon.** I actually did this because I had an area where the Copic marker bled a bit and I couldn't fix it. Since it was the last thing I colored on the dragon, I was heck-bent on saving the colored image. I hope I did.
  12. Use Periwinkle ink to stamp the swirl, from the Dragon stamp set, to the right of the dragon's nose.
  13. Use Periwinkle ink to stamp the outline star trio randomly around the edges of the image panel.
  14. Edge the panel with Periwinkle and Dusky Rose ink.
  15. Cut pink glitter cardstock to 5.75" square.
  16. Cut the sentiment from the interior of the square.
  17. Mat the image panel with glitter paper and then adhere the matted image panel to the card.
  18. Adhere the sentiment to finish the card.
* Cryogen White cardstock, when colored with Copic markers or inked with Dye inks, yields a lovely shimmer, which I hope that you can see on the photo. I figured that shimmer was perfect for the dragon!
** I actually used the dotty background thang because I had an area where the Copic marker bled a bit and I couldn't fix it. Since it was the last thing I colored on the dragon, I was heck-bent on saving the colored image. I hope I did. Can you see it?

Thanks for visiting today!




1 comment: