Thursday, April 25, 2019

Time for Tulips.

Power Poppy is the sponsor this week at Passionate Paper Creations and Friends. I chose to use their lovely Hobnail Pitcher Digital Stamp Set, because it's spring (hallelujah!) and flowers are always a challenge for me. I wanted to use more subtle colors than my usual super-saturated colors, so you'll have to let me know how I did!

I also googled Hobnail pitchers because I thought they were metal. Imagine my surprise when I found out they're usually made from semi-opaque glass with a texture reminiscent of hobnail boots. So I went with an amber glass inspired by a photo.

Here's my card.


Supplies Used:
Circle Frames Die Set #1 by The Stamp Doctor
Scalloped Border Die Set by The Stamp Doctor
Circles Nestabilities® Die Set by Spellbinders®
Solar White Classic Crest® Cardstock by Neenah Papers
Green Cardstock by Bazzill Basics
Artisan Style 8x8 Patterned Paper by Graphic 45®
Gingham-Linen Rainbow Petite Prints by Doodlebug Designs Inc.™
Dot-Stripe Rainbow Petite Prints by Doodlebug Designs Inc. ™
Copic® Markers: T0, T1, E81, Y0000, Y000, Y00, B60, G20, *G30, G40, YR20, YR23, YR30, YR31

*G30 is 50% G20 and 50% G40.

Instructions:
  1. Cut, score, and fold a piece of green cardstock to create an A2 card.
  2. Resize the digital image and print onto Neenah cardstock with a laser printer.
  3. Color the image with Copic markers.
  4. Using a circle die, cut the image panel.
  5. Using the next largest circle die, cut green cardstock.
  6. Mat the image panel onto the green cardstock.
  7. Using the largest die from the Circle Frames Die Set #1, cut the yellow polka-dot patterned paper. Edge with a yellow marker.
  8. Adhere the image panel onto the die-cut yellow polka-dot circle frame.
  9. Using one of the three dies from the Scalloped Border Die Set, cut the orange/yellow gingham patterned paper. Trim to 4" wide, and edge with a marker.
  10. Cut a piece of green patterned paper from the Artisan Style 8x8 pad to 4" x 5.25" to form the card front. Edge with a green marker.
  11. Adhere the image panel onto the card front as shown.
  12. Adhere the scalloped border atop the image panel.
  13. Adhere the card front to the green card.
I haven't decided what occasion to use this card for, so I did not add a sentiment at this time. I also misplaced my orange acrylic dots, which I would have wanted to add to the top left. Oops.

Thanks for visiting today!





No comments:

Post a Comment