Tuesday, January 19, 2016

I *Heart* Cats!

You might not know, but I love cats. A lot. So much so, that Duchess, my 16 year old Ragdoll/American Shorthair mix, is my online avatar. I refer to her as my familiar as she is usually in close proximity and is a great companion. She's getting old, thin, and arthritic, but she still loves to cuddle with me. What's odd about this pair of cats is that they were very quiet, until they turned 14. Now they talk all the time. I've always talked to them and now they talk back! But unlike the spouse and the young adult, they're remarkably easy-going and not snarky at all (unless they're hungry)! Anyway, my love of cats is reflected in my stamp (and die) collection, both of which are rather large. One of my newest cat stamps is Large Feline Femme (Time to Stamp) from their fabulous Femmes Collection


Here's my card with my new Feline Femme stamp which you can purchase at I Brake for Stamps.


Feline Femme  was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko) and colored with Copic markers. Blush was added to her cheeks and her shoulders with a pink chalk pencil (Derwent). I opted to make the kitty a grey one. Next time I'll make the cat look like Duchess and will add some wrinkles and oddly colored hair to make the woman look like me. Perhaps I'll do a Tuxedo too for Flash. One can never tell.

I discovered that the papers in the Sweet Threads 6x6 pad (Basic Grey) matched the colors that I used really well. I used a sketch from The Cheerful Sketches Challenge Blog. You can see the sketch below to see how I did. The circle was die-cut with the circle die from one of the Blueprints die sets (Die-namics). I used an old Cuttlebug tool to add piercings, then used a Black Multiliner (Copic) to add faux stitches. All paper layers were sponged with Cracked Pistachio Distress ink. The outermost layers were sponged with Hickory Smoke Distress ink.

Here's the sketch so you can see how I did.

I Brake for Stamps has a great selection of Time to Stamp's stamps. Click on my badge below to be whisked over there to check out their fabulous images! Best of all,  if you buy something, use this code: SAVE10KATHI for 10% off your purchase.


Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card into the following challenges:
The Cheerful Sketch Challenge Blog: January's sketch
Show Us Your Pussies Challenges: Furrything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges: Best Friends
Dies R Us Challenges: Stitches: Real or Faux

6 comments:

  1. A lovely card and a super new image :-)
    Great to meet another cat lover and I am glad your kitties chat to you :-D
    Thank you for purring along at SUYP Cats Challenges :-D

    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card Kathi!
    Wonderful digi, love the papers and the background!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Cheerful Sketches!
    Bernadet
    *Cheerful Sketches DT*

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches. Good luck!
    Bye,
    Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-challenges.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how pretty! Awesome coloring and design! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘STITCHING’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathi, great mix of patterned papers behind your image. I can just feel the love in the beautiful image. So glad you joined us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!
    Thank you for using our sketch at Cheerful Sketches!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete