Sunday, January 27, 2013

Kenny K Krafty Krew Challenge #128 -- Get Sketchy!

This week's first sponsor of Kenny K's Krafty Krew challenge is Kenny K's Downloads.


The prize from Kenny is the winner's choice of 5 digis!

And our second sponsor this week is Susie Little, who will award a bundle of crafty goodies to a lucky person!

Here's the sketch!


Here's my take on the sketch!


Tex is one of the new Heartbreakers Digi stamps. Isn't he HOT???

I'm not used to coloring images of men, so Tex presented a challenge. To get ready I had to look at lots of beefcake photos to check out the musculature. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! *big grin*

Tex was printed out onto Neenah cardstock and colored with Copic markers, which I'll list below.

The patterned papers are older Cosmo Cricket papers from the Wanted 6x6 pad and some scraps from the 12x12 versions from the Wanted collection..I love using scraps. It makes me feel thrifty.

Old Cloud 9/Fiskar's Raindots were used as the embellishment part of the sketch. The sentiment was composed with old October Afternoon rub-ons.

Thanks for visiting today!

Copics used:

Skin: E000, E00, E04, E11, E21, BV00
Hair: E23, E25, YR31
Eyes: BG11, BG23, B91
Jeans: B93, B95, B97
Chaps, Hat, & Belts: E31, E34 E35
Belt Buckle & Stones on Belt: BG90, BG93, BG96
Gloves: E00, E04, E7, E19
Hatband: BG11 BG23

I shall be entering this card into the following challenges:
Copic Marker Europe Challenges: Anything Goes
Through The Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Clear It Out Challenges: Circles
Inspire Me Fridays at Joyful Stamper: Anything Goes
Outlawz Copic/Promarker Fridays Challenge: Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. WOW hes fantastic, what a brilliant card, Love how you have coloured him. Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, well, well. Besides being a very deep subject, I am speechless.
    Oh, you know me, Kathi, I am never really speechless. But the 6-pack on this guy just blows me away. Yum. Is it bad for an old lady to still appreciate the male physique? If so, punish me now.
    Love your take on the sketch--love your coloring, double love the image. Oh yeah, great papers, too. Sigh....
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, it was a necessity for you to look at all of those beefcake photos! Wish I could get your blog via email, not so good at going thru my google reader but will try to stay on top of things. Love the deep colors on this card by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzer!! That's one hot piece of eye candy :) Glad to see all the 'research' paid off - how we suffer for our art :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, heres a pinup I can really appreciate. Mama do let your babies grow up to be cowboys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, Tex is hot! Love how you colored the image and great card too! Thanks for sharing it with us for our Circle challenge at Clear it Out!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete