Saturday, October 29, 2011

Boo!

I've been getting into the Halloween spirit, even though it's freaking snowing here. I've got my candy, mailed some Halloween surprise packages, and have been making cards!

Yesterday was International Cat Day. I felt like using the adorable Witch's Kitten stamp (CM-287-R), which is a new release from Third Coast! You can find it on p. 39 of the latest supplement to their HUGE catalog!


Craft your Passion
has a challenge to use Kraft papers and I had picked up the wonderful Haunted pad by My Mind's Eye with a 50% coupon, so I decided to use it. I wanted to see what would happen if I stamped directly onto one of the sheets, then used my Copics. It didn't work, so I pulled out my very dusty Prismacolor pencils and went to work. I decided that I wanted the kitten to be a marmalade for an "Orange" challenge over at Outlaws, but then realized that they wanted something recycled. Oops. So I found another challenge over there to enter. :D

Anyways, I digress (something new and different for me). I colored the kitten orange and made her hat black with a purple lining. I used Goo-Gone to blend out all the colors. I drew in a horizon line with a black chalk pencil, then blended it downward. Distress Ink in Spiced Marmalade, Concord Grape, and Black Soot was sponged on to add a bit of color and aging. I added some lines to the existing spider web in the upper left, then poked a hole, and added a rhinestone spider brad from Recollections.

I chose a subtle black and kraft sheet of patterned kraft paper and cut it down to 6.75". I cut a smaller strip and pulled out the Borderline Ideology mask and adhered it to the strip. I sponged ink over the strip, pulled off the mask, then adhered the strip to the base of the black and kraft patterned paper. Distress ink was sponged onto the card front, then I added the stamped piece, ribbon, and a Spellbinders ribbon slide containing the highly original sentiment.

Then I went to put it on a 5" x 7" top-fold card and realized that I screwed up my measurements (I am THE Total Spaceshot), so I had to go back, cut stuff down, and re-do. Bother. I ended up cutting a bit close to the poor kitten's hat, but such is life.

I do believe that I've blathered on long enough.

So...if you made it through all the above, kudos.

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment