Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Oh well! If at first you don't succeed...


I submitted this card to PaperCrafts using one of their two sketches. It wasn't picked up, but it's all good because I like it and because Thank You notes are always useful.

I used an image from the Butterfly Queen set from Bombshell stamps that I received from Kelli in an image swap that we did over at the Bombshell forum at Paper Craft Planet.

The butterfly was colored with Prismacolor markers. The patterned papers are Aerial by Memory Box, the border punch is Lattice by Martha Stewart/EK Success, the flowers are Primas that were colored with the same orange markers as the buttterfly, the flower center is a RainDot by Fiskar's, and the sentiment is a rub-on by Deja Views. I used Distress ink to all edges as a common element to tie the layers together.

Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. Pfft, what do the magazines know anyway! I love your card Kathi, and wish the mags would put more like this in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Kathi! :) Sorry about it not being picked up but I'm sure it will next time!

    ReplyDelete