Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Some new cards to share...





Hmm. That's not one of my catchier titles, but it'll do.

I've been playing with Pentel's Color Brush Pens, Metallic Brush Pens, and Aquash Watercolor crayons.

The Color Brush pens yield a watercolored look. They're a bit tricky to use since they are very, very "juicy". I solved that by using 120 lb. watercolor paper! The colors are great though and there are no brush strokes, which are both huge positive points for me.

The flower card features justjohanna's Flora Hugabundous. First I used the Aquash crayons to color the inside parts and edges of the flower. I then used the Color Brush pens as a coloring and blending medium. I added color to the uncolored parts and then blended the watercolored areas into the solid color. The flower pot is a punch, which was chalked to add depth and detail. The paper is by Basic Grey (mat) and Cosmo Cricket (stripes).

The "road" card features justjohanna's Rolling Hills stamp. I touched up the road with the grey Color Brush pen. Then I squeezed a few drops of green ink from the Color Brush pen onto my craft mat. I used a waterbrush pen to color the "grass". I added a bit of water or straight color and blotted as I went. After that part dried, I went back and added orange flowers with the Color Brush pen. I used my waterbrush to wet the Aquash watercolor crayon and then created the "sky" by inking along a torn edge of scrap watercolor paper.

I made the two "Proud" cards to see the difference between Metallic Brush pens and Twinklin' H2Os. Both cards feature Lumiére* Peacock and the Waltzing Matilda alphabet by justjohanna. The first card, with Basic Grey, uses the Pentel pens to color the images. I used the Watercolor pens to color the peacock's body and the word, "Proud". The feathers were colored using the Metallic Brush markers, which like the Color Brush pens have great coverage and color, but are very "juicy". I inked the edges of the layers using sponge daubers that were inked with the pens.

The second peacock card uses Twinklin' H2Os to color the images. I also used stickers for part of the sentiment. I went a different way with the card and used FiberMark's Bling papers to create the card's background.

*the accent in Lumiére is supposed to go the other way. Sadly, I can't figure out how to keyboard it. Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. Great cards! I really like the shading you did on the flora! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sky is... amazing...
    Just like a painting! I love it!

    ReplyDelete