Friday, August 17, 2018

Balloon Flight

Whimsy Stamps is the sponsor this week at Passionate Paper Creations and Friends. I had also received the Penguin Flies Digi Stamp, so I decided to use it along with my new Center Step Card Die and my Center Step Card Super Set Die Set by The Stamp Doctor.

You may or may not know that I'm really bad at math and also really, really bad at 3D space relations. When I found the Center Step Card Dies by The Stamp Doctor, I had to get the complete package. This set has dies for everything you might need to create a multi-layered Center Step Card, without hurting your brain trying to figure everything out! Best of all, it's on sale now!

So without further ado, here's my card.



Supplies used:
Penguin Flies Digi Stamp by Whimsy Stamps
Center Step Card Die by The Stamp Doctor
Center Step Card Super Set Die Set by The Stamp Doctor
Copic Markers:
 Penguin: N5, N6, N7, YR20, YR21, YR23, RV0000, RV000, B0000, B0000, C00, C0, C1
 Balloons: R05, R17, Y04, Y11, Y13, Y19
 Sky: Solar White Classic Crest® Cardstock by Neenah Paper
Yellow Cardstocks by Bazzill Basics
Ancient and Hoarded Chicken Little Patterned Paper by Cosmo Cricket (the sky paper)
Balloon Patterned Paper from the Cupcake 6x6 Pad by Basic Grey
White Gelly Roll®  Gel Pen by Sakura of America
.005 Pigma® Micron® Pen by Sakura of America

Instructions: 

  1. Resize the Penguin Flies Digi Stamp and print onto white cardstock with a laser printer.
  2. Die-cut the image panel using one of the Tall Layers dies from the Center Step Card Dies.
  3. Color in the sky background first using the
  4. Finish coloring the penguin and the balloons. Use a white gel pen to add white highlights to the balloons. Set aside.
  5. Create your card base with the Center Step Card Base Die from the sky-patterned paper.
  6. Use the other dies to die-cut two shades of yellow cardstock, the sky-patterned paper, and the balloon-patterned paper. 
  7. Assemble all the layers as shown.
  8. Using the Pigma® Micron® pen add some balloon strings to the balloon-patterned paper and trace over the existing ones. 
  9. Adhere the image panel and admire your card.
I didn't add a sentiment because I haven't decided who will get this card for what occasion. That is if I ever send it. I'm big on making cards. Sending them? Not so much.

Thanks for visiting today!

1 comment: