Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Steampunk Nautilus Journal Page

Another Tuesday, another IBFS Steampunk project! This one is a journal page featuring Steampunk Nautilus from the New Steampunk rubber stamp set by Carmen Medlin Designsavailable at I Brake for Stamps.

Steampunk Nautilus was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Crafts) onto Neenah cardstock, then the image panel was die-cut with one of the dies from the Rectangles Nestabilities die set (Spellbinders).  Steampunk Nautilus was colored with Copic markers and the image panel was sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink (Ranger). I used a q-tip dipped into water to wet the ink, then heat set the image panel, matted it onto metallic copper cardstock (Neenah) and set it aside.

140 lb. Mixed Media cardstock (Strathmore) was cut down to fit in my journal. Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink was sponged onto the Gears Skinny Minny stencil/mask (Joggles) and spritzed with water. Once the water beaded, the journal page was placed over top and smoothed over the stencil.

Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink was smooshed onto my craft mat, misted with water, the journal page was dragged through the puddled ink, spritzed with more water, then heat set. This was repeated a few times until I was happy with the coverage. This process was repeated again with Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink.

Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink was sponged across the bottom of the journal page, spritzed with water, and heat set. Iced Spruce Distress Oxide ink was sponged over the Moving Vines stencil (The Crafter's Workshop) at the bottom of the page and over the Gears Mini Layering stencil (Stampers Anonymous) at the top of the page. The ink was misted with water, allowed to spread a bit, then heat set.

Strips of 140 lb. Mixed Media cardstock were sponged with Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide ink, misted with water, then heat set. These pieces were die-cut with the coral die from the Under Water Build-a-Scene die set (Taylored Expressions).

Other strips of Mixed Media cardstock were sponged with Peeled Paint, Twisted Citron, and Lucky Clover Distress Oxide inks, then die-cut with the Seaweed Stalks die set (Memory Box).

The Seaweed Stalks and coral die-cuts were adhered along the bottom of the journal page, then Media Texture Sand Paste (DecoArt) was spread over the Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink and the die-cuts. Some tiny pewter, brass, and copper  metal gears were pressed into the Media Texture Sand Paste. The page was set aside while I made and ate dinner. When I returned, the Texture Sand Paste was mostly dry, so it was heat set to totally dry it out. I did use my Vintage Photo Distress marker (Ranger) to add some depth and detail to the "sand".

Metallic copper cardstock was die-cut with the Small Alphabet Word Upper and Lower Case dies (All Occasion) and adhered to the top of the journal page.

A Remnant Rub (Idea-ology) was used to add the caption to the Steampunk Nautilus image panel, which was then adhered to the journal page using Black Photo Corners (3L Scrapbook Adhesives).

I Brake for Stamps has a huge and varied collection of rubber stamps that you ought to check out right now. Just so you know, I Brake for Stamps ships internationally!

Click HERE to be whisked I Brake for Stamps to check out all of the goodies! Best of all, if you buy something, you can get a 10% discount off of your purchase if you use this code: SAVE10KATHI .

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment