Tuesday, June 27, 2017

By the Sea


Today's card features Watching Waves, which is a wonderful beach image with a vintage feel. This fabulous stamp is available at at I Brake for Stamps.

Watching Waves was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Crafts) onto white cardstock, then die-cut with one of the dies from the Nestabilities Labels 8 die set (Spellbinders). I kept the image panel in the die and used Copic markers to add the edges of the sea and sand backgrounds. The image panel was then popped out of the die and I finished coloring the image. When I was done, I used an Inkssentials White gel pen to add some white caps and froth to the sea.

A strip of red gingham patterned paper from the By the Sea 8x8 pad (Graphic 45) was cut, then distressed to reveal the white edge. This was then layered atop another sheet of patterned paper from the same pad, then the image panel was adhered. The card front was adhered to a 5.5" square kraft card.

I Brake for Stamps has a huge and varied collection of rubber stamps that you ought to check out right now. Click on my badge below to be whisked over to I Brake for Stamps to check out all of the goodies! Best of all, if you buy something, you can get a 10% discount off of your purchase if you use this code: SAVE10KATHI Just so you know, I Brake for Stamps ships internationally!


Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment