Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Spring Time Cat!

Cats plus flowers make me happy. The Purrfect Day Cats rubber stamp sheet (Stampinback), available at I Brake for Stamps makes me really happy ecstatic because the sheet includes TEN floral cat silhouettes, four paw prints, two sentiments, one fish skeleton, and one matching flower for a total of 18 fabulous images in this stamp set, which means you'll be seeing LOTS of flowery cats! By the way, IBFS ships internationally.

Here's my card with one of the ten floral kitties!

Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink(Ranger) was smooshed (technical term) onto my craft mat, spritzed with water, and then 140 lb. Mixed Media cardstock (Strathmore) was dragged through the diluted ink and heat set. This step was repeated with Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide ink, then Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink. When I was happy with the coverage,  Post-It Notes were placed across the cardstock and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink was sponged over top. I wasn't really thrilled with the color, so I sponged Peeled Paint Distress and Mown Grass Distress ink over top.

Using my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig stamp positioner, the kitty from the Purrfect Day Cats sheet was stamped with Onyx Black VersaFine ink (Imagine Crafts). I had to re-ink the stamp and stamp it again to get better coverage probably because I was too inept to get it right the first time. I can't wait to get ahold of the of one of the new trendy stamp positioner systems so that I don't have to be quite so careful when re-stamping an incomplete image! Anyway, I touched up the image using a Black Pitt Artist Brush pen (Faber Castell).

A shadow was added under the cat using a Warm Grey Pitt Artist Brush pen.

The image panel was die-cut with one of the dies from the Mixed Rectangles Layering dies (Tonic Studios). A larger die from the same set, the "Purr-fect" die from the Cat Paw Print die set (Frantic Stamper), and the word "Just" from the Just a Note die (All Occasions) were used to die-cut black cardstock. The image panel was matted with the plain black rectangle die-cut. The sentiment was adhered in place.

The leftover Distress Oxide sponged cardstock was die-cut with the Butterfly die (Impression Obsession) and punched with a tiny dragonfly punch. The butterflies and the dragonflies were a bit boring, so I added Distress ink to them to perk 'em up a bit. My black marker was used to detail their bodies and edge them, then Black Spica Glitter pen was used to add a touch of glitter to them. The insects were adhered to the image panel and a Clear Stardust Gelly Glitter pen (Sakura) was used to add flight trails. The cardfront was adhered to a rust card.

I Brake for Stamps is where you'll find great selections of Stampinback stamps plus lots of other stamps from other stamp companies. Click on my badge below to be whisked over to I Brake for Stamps to check out all of the goodies! Best of all, if you buy something, you can get a 10% discount off of your purchase if you use this code: SAVE10KATHI!

If you have any questions about the techniques or products I used, feel free to ask!

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment