Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Happy Birthday Wish

Tah Dah! I made another card for Corrie Herriman's challenge this week at Stampotique Designer's Challenges. Her challenge is "Masculine Projects". Here's what she had to say about her challenge.
"I really struggle with cards for men. So this week I would like to see what you make when you need a masculine card. "
I've been doing two cards for April's Stampotique Designer's Challenges because I'm the featured designer this month. If you want to find out some scintillating facts about me, click on over to the challenge blog, which you should do if you'd like the chance to win your choice of $30 worth of Stampotique stamps or if you'd like to play along with this challenge. Be sure to read the rules so that you'll have the chance to win that great prize!!!

Titan Buff Media Fluid Acrylic (MFA) paint (DecoArt) was scraped onto 140 lb. Mixed Media cardstock with a credit card. A touch of Burnt Sienna (MFA) paint was also scraped onto the cardstock, then immediately wiped back with a baby wipe. Cobalt Teal Hue MFA paint was scraped over my Old Ledger Stencils for Art (Wendy Vecchi/Stampers Anonymous). I hated how it looked, so I tried to wipe it back. When that didn't work, I added a touch of Titan Buff MFA paint to White Media Gesso (Deco Art)  and scraped that over top, which served to cover the icky bits and to add a touch of texture to the background. This was then heat set.

The Vintage Date Stamp was stamped onto the painted background with Onyx Black VersaFine ink (Imagine Crafts), heat embossed with Clear Detail Embossing Powder (Ranger), and painted with Burnt Sienna, Metallic Silver, Quinacridone Red, Payne's Grey, and Quinacridone Gold MFA paints. I'm not so good at painting small images. 

The Vintage Date Stamp was also stamped onto a Post-It note and cut out to serve as a mask.  The ruler portion of the Made to Measure stencil (Andy Skinner) was placed over the piece and Garden Patina Archival ink (Ranger) was sponged over top. The Old Ledger stencil was positioned and Aquamarine Archival ink was sponged over it. The Barcode was stamped below the stenciled ruler with Watering Can Archival ink. Handle with Care was stamped below the Barcode with Garden Patina Archival ink.

French Journal Page was randomly stamped with Aquamarine Archival ink. The Barcode was stamped two more times on the top portion of the card. The numbers from the Made to Measure stencil were sponged with Garden Patina ink. 

An Adage Ticket (Idea-ology) was crumpled a bit, its edges were distressed, and it was sponged with Sepia Archival ink. Happy Birthday was stamped onto the ticket with Garden Patina Archival ink.

The edges of the card front were distressed with a pair of scissors, then sponged with a combination of Sepia and Garden Patina Archival inks. The ticket sentiment was stapled to the upper left corner of the card front and an additional staple was added to a tear along the right hand side. The card front was adhered to an A2 Kraft card and I called it done!

Thanks for visiting and reading all this!


  1. I really like this one Kathi, Titan Buff is my new favourite colour xx

  2. Very pretty, i loke the patterns and details. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Hugs, Marzena

  3. Brilliant a lovely card Yhanks for playing Crafting by Design Challenge hugs Carole DT x