Friday, November 21, 2014

Books and Cats

This week's challenge over at The Outlawz Coloring Challenges is a color challenge.

The East Wind Digital Stamps is sponsoring Outlawz Coloring Challenges during November.

You should definitely enter this challenge. All you need to do is color an open line image with any colorant you choose! You should also visit my Outlawz Coloring Challenge Teamies' blogs for inspiration! Carla, Dawn, Penny, and Laine are seriously talented!

Here's the autumnal color palette and photo inspiration, courtesy of Fresh Hues/Design Seeds.


Here's my card, using East Wind's 'Lucy Loo' Bookaholic.


I must admit that color challenges aren't my favorite because my cards always end up looking different than my teammates. I'll attribute that to my printer and/or monitor. I do try to match colors as closely as possible, but my project always ends up looking like an epic fail from a color-matching standpoint.

Anyway, enough of that. I really like this image, though the hair was a bit of a challenge. But, I love books and I love cats, so I had to love this digital stamp, right? Right!

So, I reduced 'Lucy Loo' Bookaholic in PhotoElements, printed it onto Neenah cardstock using my laser printer, and colored the image with Copic markers. I chose to match the image to the color palette and actually recorded the markers I used, though the list is upstairs and I'm feeling lazy.

When I was done coloring the image, it took a ride through my Big Kick inside a Spellbinders Card Creator die. I kept the image panel in the die and got a bit carried away sponging Pumice Stone Distress ink over the die onto the image. Oh well. So I extended the yellow outline marker to the sponging, which helped to soften it a bit.

The patterned papers are from a very old collection by Crate Paper. The Gorey quote was computer generated and added to the image panel. The sentiment is a from the Handwritten set of dies by Little B, which is ever so useful. I figure that a gift certificate to the book store would work very well inside this card.

A rhinestone was used to dot the i in birthday and two rhinestone trios were used to add emphasis to the quote.

Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous image Kathi. Love all of that hair. Stunning coloring.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought I was the one who didn't color-match very well! Teehee!!! ;^) (Yours looks great, btw.)
    This is so gorgeous, Kathi! I love your coloring--spectacular hair! Perfect quote for that cool image! Love your DP and design, too! :^)
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, such a great image, love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete