Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Bombshell's Hump Day Hop!

It's the last Wednesday of the month which means it's time for Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop.

This month's theme is "A Cut Above", which means we're to use die-cuts! It's an easy-peasy challenge for me since I have a huge collection of dies and have been collecting them longer than I've collected stamps!

I'm the last stop on the hop. You should have arrived here from Kelli's blog, where you likely saw something fabulous! 


Here's my card! I took a photo of it using my new iPhone. The photo is surprising good, though some of the shading on the cowgirl was wiped out. Oh well.


The focal image is from Bombshell's Retro Cowgirls rubber stamp set. She was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, colored with Copic markers, fussy cut, and set aside.


I used a ton of dies and a ton of the small icon stamps that are included in all of the sets. 

It's late, so I'll come back tomorrow and add more information... Sorry!

OK. Back. Here's the scoop on what I used.
  1.  Cowgirl stamp from the Retro Cowgirls rubber stamp set
  2.  Record, bow, music notes, broken heart icons from Man's Ruin rubber stamp set
  3.  Cherries, skull icon from the Love and Luck rubber stamp set
  4.  Little bomb icon from the Cherry Bomb rubber stamp set
  5.  Lock and Key icons from the Bombshell Angel rubber stamp set
  6.  Dollar Sign icon from the Sugar Daddy rubber stamp set
  7.  Four-leaf clover icon from the Lady Luck rubber stamp set
  8. Compass icon from A Pirate's Life rubber stamp set
  9. Sentiment from the Harley Motorcycle rubber stamp set
  10. Picture Wheel Alterations die by Sizzix
  11. MPD Time Pieces by Die-Namics
  12. Daisy numbers by QuicKutz
  13. Gears by Cherry Lynn Designs
  14. Country Charms by Die-Namics
  15. Blueprints 1 by Die-Namics (the ribbon)
  16. Kraft and Neenah cardstock
  17. Patterned paper from Flair Designs
  18. Satan Red, Olympia Green, Majestic Blue, Onyx Black VersaFine inks
  19. Golden Glitz Silvery Shimmer Delicata inks
I thought that the Picture Wheel Alterations die-cut would be a great way to showcase the small icon stamps that come with all Bombshell's rubber stamp sets. I die-cut several layers of white cardboard with the Picture Wheel Alterations die. The numbers and the clock face were also die-cut from white cardboard. The clockface and numbers were adhered to the center of the Picture Wheel and painted with Picket Fence Distress paint.

I took another Picture Wheel Alterations die-cut and placed it on top of a large acrylic mount. The icon stamps were placed onto the acrylic mount using the apertures of the die for positioning. Then it was just a matter of inking the stamp with the various inks and stamping them. Some of the impressions were not perfect, so I used my Copics to deepen the color and fix the impression.

So there you have it!  

If you've gotten lost along the way, here's the blog roster!

Kim 

7 comments:

  1. Awesome card!!! I LOVE your use of the icon stamps. That spin wheel is so cool! And fabulous coloring as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun piece! I love that you used so many of the little icons. Your big die cut is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Wonderful I love the wheel of icons! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing Kathi, I love all of the little stamps that you've used- what a fab way to showcase them xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Kathi, what a fun design! Love all the great die cuts you used on this--you know me and die cuts. They. are. my. friends.
    Love the image, coloring & DP, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! I love the spinner with the gambling inuedndos. Thanks for sharing! And I really enjoyed the hop!

    ReplyDelete