Friday, March 2, 2012

"Stuff Happens!" -- Kraftin' Kimmie Sketch Challenge

It's no secret that I love Drucilla by Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. She makes me smile and totally appeals to me on so many levels. I love her facial expression -- innocence mixed a touch of malicious glee!

Here's the sketch:


Here's my take on it!


I colored Drucilla with Copic markers so that she'd match the patterned papers from the Material Girl 6x6 pad by Cosmo Cricket. I airbrushed the background with my new BG90, but was having a bit of technical difficulties, which resulted in some splotches and mottling. I put together the card, popped the stamped die cut up onto dimensionals and then realized that "Oops! I forgot to add the rub-on sentiment." So I added it and it came out crooked and wonky. Oh well. Perfection is overrated.

BTW, the rub-on is from Wordsworth. I thought it works well with the stamp, though I still love "Karma's Helper" as a sentiment.

Thanks for visiting today.

I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
• Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog: Challenge #117 Sketch
Simon Says Challenge Blog: Anything Goes


5 comments:

  1. Hi, hi, adorable. I love its background and colouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Kathi! Love the papers and the fun image and sentiment! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card. I love Kim's images. I love your coloring, so beautiful. Love this sketch and your beautiful embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card with great colouring Kathi!

    ReplyDelete