Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day again!

I warned you all that I would be back with another "Love is in the air" card, didn't I?

Well here it is!



This time I pulled out the fabulous Victoria Case/Susana's Custom Art City Skyline stamp that I treated myself to last fall.

When I saw it, I immediately thought it would be very cool to add hearts, clovers, snowflakes, and Christmas trees to the facade of one of the buildings, so I did just that!

First I stamped the image onto dotted Basic Grey White Basics cardstock. Then I punched a heart, adhered the punched heart where I wanted it with temporary adhesive. I then placed the piece of cardstock containing the negative (heart-shaped hole) over the heart, lifted the heart out of the aperture, and then sponging ink through the aperture.

Then I lifted it up and colored the skyline with Copic markers. I masked the cityscape and then airbrushed the cloudy sky by using a torn piece of cardstock and the airbrush system. Airbrushing against the torn edge creates a cloudy pattern. (This technique also works with ink and chalk. Plus you can use it to create a underwater scene.)

I was feeling whimsical, so I pulled out the In the Clouds set by Taylored Expressions that my husband had gotten for me as a holiday gift. I've always loved blimps, so I was thrilled that he got this stamp set and the matching dies that go with it! Good man, he is!

I stamped the small heart blimp with the same Memento ink I used to sponge the heart, then die cut it, and adhered it to the sky with dimensional adhesives.

Since I do not have a "Love is in the Air" stamp (though I should, but haven't found one.), I used my trusty Dymo labeler to add the sentiment.

Thanks for visiting today.

I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
Copic/Promarker Challenge at the Outlawz
Simon Says Stamp Love is in the Air Challenge

9 comments:

  1. Magnificent! Saw you on Outlawz. I am a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blog, I was sent by Outlawz. I am now a follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I don't think I have ever seen one with a skyline before.... gorgeous! I am now a follower!
    Hgus,
    Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Kathi. I came here from The Outlawz and I am now following you.
    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on a roll, gal! I am lovin' you cards! Met you on The Outlawz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    I'm your newest follower and found your blog through The Outlawz.

    You have a lovely blog! Gonna enjoy looking back and to follow forward :)

    Hope you have had or will take your time to visit my cyberspace to. ;)

    xx/Maria aka MulleSnuttan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous card!! What a great idea with the heart on the buildings and the blimb in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  8. everything is just perfect! awesome card! i love the blimp, the skyline, the buildings, everything! so far out!
    web design ventura

    ReplyDelete