Sunday, November 13, 2011

Upcycling!

This round plastic box started life as a holder for some Stampin' Up embellishments or another. I honestly don't remember what it held. I kept the plastic box because I figured I could use it to hold something some day.

Today it's holding some large flower and round rhinestones!


The box was plain clear plastic with the Stampin' Up logo on the top. B*O*R*I*N*G!!!

It was airbrushed with Copic markers to match its decorative new top. Third Coast's Dragon Orb (CH-696-H), from page 18 of the Summer '05 catalog, was stamped with Onyx VersaFine ink, heat embossed with clear embossing powder, then colored with Copic markers. I cut a lop-sided circle, colored the edges black, coated the circle with Dazzle VersaMark, and several layers of UTEE. I hope that you can see the lovely shimmer within the shininess of the UTEE!

I adhered the circle to the top of the box and finished the box decoration with black glitter tape around the sides.

This box is being entered into Simon Says Stamp's Upcycling/Recycling Challenge!

Thanks for visiting today!

4 comments:

  1. so creative and original...this is a great form of recycling and makes a great piece! Fabulous colour choices and the perfect image. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathi your re-purposed tin is fabulous! I love dimensional art and recycling and you combined the two perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! This is super cool! I love up-cycling. What a beautiful dragon that is!

    ReplyDelete