Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm over the moon!

I love Third Coast Rubber Stamps. I truly believe they have stamps to suit everyone's taste, from cute to elegant, from magical to realistic, and lots in between!

So when I found out that Val was holding her first ever dt call, I submitted my application within minutes!!! I honestly believe that I broke some kind of record. I know that I just copy, pasted, and hit send.

Then I waited and hoped. And hoped and waited. Being a me of little patience, it felt like freakin' eons had passed.

In reality, it was only a few short weeks. Each applicant emailed their applications, links to their blogs, online galleries, and up to ten project jpgs each. I understood that the process would take time. I also knew that I'd be up against some seriously stiff competition and whereas Val would be treated some awesome eye candy, she had to make difficult decisions.

So, I was over the moon with excitement and elation to receive word that I made the team and will be working with fourteen other ladies, some guest designers, and some incredibly fabulous stamps. Check out their blogs in the blogroll down to the right. It's going to be a fun ride for all of us!

Here are two cards using Kitty Luna (CH-707-H)

Both cats were colored with Copic markers. I've been playing around with Miskit Frisket liquid mask and wanted to see how it did with a background with lots of sponged Distress Ink vs. airbrushed Copic. I also used an Eclipse tape die cut.

Here's the Distress Inked card.

As you can see, when I spritzed the sponged ink with water, the ink migrated under both the liquid mask and the Eclipse tape mask. The moon and cat's wings got especially "corrupted", so I used Pearl paint dabber on the moon and Twinkling H20s on the wings. The background cardstock (both the lavender and white are shimmery.

Here's the airbrushed version.

It's clear that I'm still trying to figure out the pressure to use whilst airbrushing. As you can see, there was less migration on this version, though there are lots of user-error airbrush blotches. The migration is primarily under the paper mask, which might not have been down as firmly as it should have been. The Miskit Frisket did lift some of the glimmer from the Iridescent medium that I used over the moon, so I reapplied it. It's shimmery, but you can't tell from the photo. Oh well. I used patterned paper by the Memory Box and shimmery white cardstock for this version. I also added some irridescent and silver border stickers and corner stickers.

Thanks for visiting today.