This is what she had to say about her challenge.
Numbers have been around for a very long time! They feature so much in our lives! I would like you to incorporate a minimum of one number into your project! I hope you have fun!If you'd like the chance to win your choice of $30 worth of Stampotique stamps, you should play along with this challenge. Visit Stampotique Designers Challenge blog and be sure to read the rules so that you'll have the chance to win that great prize!!!
As you may or may not know, I've had the flu for more than a week now, so I will claim that the fevers and delirium of the flu made me create this ghastly punny card. The Toucan/Twocan pun had to be released from my feverish congested skull so I could move onto my more normal creations. So without further ado, here's it is.
My card with Toucan and Budgie (Kira Nichols).
I used a Post-It note to cover the Budgie prior to inking the stamp with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. The Post-It note was removed and Toucan was stamped onto Neenah cardstock, then onto Eclipse Tape. The Eclipse Tape impression was fussy-cut, placed over Toucan, and poor Budgie was covered up yet again. The second Toucan was stamped with the help of my trusty Stampa-ma-jig stamp positioner, then both Toucans were colored with Copic markers, using a Googled image as a guide. Did you know that there are many, many different variations on a Toucan's coloration? Now you do.
When I was done coloring the Toucans, their beaks, claws, and talons were coated with several layers of Clear Gelly Roll Glaze pen to make 'em shiny and dimensional. Their eyes were coated with Liquid Glass (DecoArt's Media line) to add glassy pop-eyed dimension and shine.
Copic markers were used to outline and then color one of the two branches on the Flowing Branches stencil (Designs By Ryn). which was positioned under the Toucans. The image panel was die-cut with a Nesting Rectangle die (Lifestyle Crafts), then matted with a black cardstock cut with a slightly larger die from the same set. This was set aside while I worked on the background.
I vaguely remembered that I had a piece of 12x12 black and white number-patterned paper in my stash and Eureeka! I was right! The paper is by 7 Gypsies and has a copyright of 2003 on it, which makes it older than most wine I drink. I used Tim's Wrinkle-free Distress Technique with Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold, and a touch of Ripe Persimmon Distress inks to color the paper.
Spiced Marmalade and Dried Marigold Distress inks were sponged over the Numbers mask (The Crafter's Workshop) to add another numbered element to the mix.
The sentiment was computer generated with an outline font, which was then colored with a Copic marker. All edges were sponged with Black Soot Distress ink and the card was assembled. I actually think that this sentiment would be great for an engagement, anniversary, wedding, or friendship card!
Once again, sorry about that horrific pun. Thanks for visiting today!
I shall enter this card into the following challenges:
• The Mixed Media Card Challenge: Hints of Spring/Optional Bird
• Marker Pop Challenges: Anything Goes
• Paper Take Weekly: Anything Goes