Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Earth Day Challenge: Re-use Plastic!


My challenge to use is to re-purpose and/or use plastic in a card or tag.

I used a translucent plastic notebook divider to create this card. I stamped Kelly's Sleeping Fairy, Hearts Branch, Fairy Chicklet Right, and "Happy Birthday" Flourish on one side of the plastic using StazOn ink. I colored the reverse side with Copic markers. When the ink dried, I added Stickles to the fairy & chicklet's wings and edged the piece with gold metallic Krylon leafing pen. I added gold-painted chipboard corners, then popped the whole thing up on dimensional foam stickers on a card made from parchment-look cardstock.

You have until midnight tomorrow, April 23rd to complete my challenge (and all the other challenges). If you do my challenge, please link your creation/blog to this blog post by commenting below.

I will draw one winner who will receive either an Earth or a "Limited Edition" Al on Earth stamp.

That one winner will then be entered into the drawing for one of the grand prizes:


o One winner will receive $100 in Odd Bird Planet stamps

o One winner will receive $50 in Odd Bird Planet stamps

o Five winners will receive a 25% discount coupon when they place a Odd Bird Planet order.

Have fun with my challenge and thanks for visiting today!

12 comments:

  1. Kathi - this is such a beautiful card! What a great idea, looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly enjoyed your challenge, got to use a stamp I recently purchased on my cards. My card can be found on my blog....thanks

    Love your sample, you sleeping fairy is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the challenge...has fun here is my go at it http://heatherraborn.blogspot.com/2009/04/earth-day-challenges-continued.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a card I did for your plastic challenge. Fun!

    http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/2009/04/thinking-of-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a project for the re-purposed packaging challenge and since it is an altered "paint can" (made of plastic) I thought I'd share it with you as well.

    http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/2009/04/altered-prima-can.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable image and a great way to recycle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I REALLY hope the 12am cutoff is PST, NOT EST. fingers crossed! Here's my submission!
    http://youwantthecookie.blogspot.com/2009/04/under-wire.html

    Thank you so much for all of the super nice comments on my blog! I really appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Kathi!
    Love your sweet fairy card:)
    here is mine:
    http://rinastampa53.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-made-more-for-earth-day-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet card Kathi! Great recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for recycling! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this image, great card!
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete