Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Treat Box v2.0

About a month ago I went to Michael's and found a little coffin-shaped wooden box that I knew would be perfect for a Halloween treat box to decorate, fill, and send to the Sophomore! Ironically, Angela, aka Inky Button, discovered the Martha Stewart Coffin treat box and decided it would make a great challenge for the Bombshell Hump Day Hop! So, I ended up making and mailing the wooden treat box and made a second cardstock one for the hop.

Here's the one that was sent to the Sophomore, who received it today along with a myriad of Halloween goodies. She loved the coffin, the contents, and all the goodies, which pleases me greatly.



I painted the box with acrylic paint, stamped the Sacred Heart from the Sacred Heart set by Bombshell stamps, and heat embossed the image with Tarnished Gold embossing powder. I then tried using my chalk pencils to color the image and it sort of worked, but then the chalk seemed to fade into the paint, so I ended up going over the chalk with acrylic paint which worked moderately well. Stickles Glitter Glue was added to simulate sparks from the fire.

Thanks for visiting today!

4 comments:

  1. How fun... great halloween project

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the acrylic pait with the stamps. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! the paint looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Kathy, love your fun treat box!

    ReplyDelete