"Happy Wednesday everybody. My first love in crafting is paint. So today I would like you all to use paint in your background. Doesn't matter what paint or how you apply it. Just have fun!"If you'd like the chance to win your choice of $30 worth of Stampotique stamps, you should play along with this challenge. Visit Stampotique Designers Challenge blog and be sure to read the rules so that you'll have the chance to win that great prize!!!
Last week, my challenge was "Punny and/or Funny" and I've been seeing lots of great punny and funny projects. I guess I still had puns on my mind. I came up with the idea for this journal page about one of my resolutions for the new year, using Stampotique's Fiesta (Kira Nichols).
Here it is!
I used some Post-It Notes to cover the bird on the Fiesta stamp. The stamp was inked with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, the Post-It was lifted, and the donkey was stamped onto Neenah cardstock. The image was colored with Shinhan Touch and Copic markers, fussy-cut, and the edges were inked with a black marker. The hooves were coated with a layer of Clear Gelly Glaze pen to add dimension and shine to them. The eyes were coated with Liquid Glass from DecoArt's Media line to add glassy dimension and shine. The donkey was set aside (in a drawer) to dry while I worked on the background.
A page from my journal (140 lb. Mixed Media by Stratjmore) was sponged with Primary Magenta mixed with Titanium White Media Fluid Acrylic (MFA) paints by DecoArt. When the paint was dry, the color of the paint was deepened a bit, then sponged over the MPD Gears stencil by My Favorite Things. The stencil was left in place and Titanium White MFA was mixed with Primary Yellow, Vermillion, and Cadmium Orange Hue MFA paint and sponged over some gears and/or parts of gears. By the way, I chose the colors in honor of Corrie, since they are her favorites.
A new (lighter) batch of Primary Magenta and Titanium White MFA paint was mixed, then sponged over my Incognito stencil (by Andy Skinner available at DecoArt) at the top. The stencil was lifted and moved to the bottom of the page and the same paint mixture was sponged over that.
I grabbed my brand new Made to Measure stencil (by Andy Skinner available at DecoArt) and covered the gentleman in the center and some other stuff with Washi tape.
Paynes Grey MFA was mixed into White Media Modeling Paste by DecoArt, then scraped over the clock and ruler portions of the Made to Measure stencil using an old credit card. The journal page was put aside to let the paste dry.
Paynes Grey MFA was mixed with some Shimmering Silver from the Dazzling Metallics line of acrylic paints by DecoArt. This was sponged using a circular motion over a sheet of 140 lb. Mixed Media cardstock by Strathmore. Several layers were built up until I got the look I wanted, which was a pewtery (new word) metal look. The paint was allowed to dry, then the pewtery looking cardstock was die-cut with one of the Cogs dies, one of the Sprightly Sprockets dies, a clock hand from an old clock set by Spellbinders, a gear die, and the A Hint of Lime Font die by Die-Versions.
By the time I was done with all that die-cutting, the White Media Modeling Paste was dry. Some Paynes Grey was mixed with a bit of Carbon Black MFA paint, the Made to Measure stencil was put back in place, and the paint was brushed over the roman numerals to darken 'em up a bit.
The die-cuts were assembled, adhered to the page, and Fiesta was adhered. Jet Black StazOn ink was used to edge the page and I called it done!
By the way, my resolution of getting my ass in gear refers to starting to exercise again, eat better, and manage my time more efficiently. Wish me luck.
Thanks for visiting today!
I shall enter this journal page into the following challenges:
• Cards und More Challenges: Animals
• Sweet Stamps Challenge Blog: Stencils and Paste
• Top Tip Tuesdays: Something New