With all the CHA sneaks showing silhouetted figures with bright stencilled background and mixed media, I felt the need to create this card, which I submitted to a magazine. It was flushed.
Too bad, so sad. So I'm sharing it with you all.
I'm a bit of a nutter in that I keep all sorts of things because "one day they might be useful". One of the things I keep is blister packaging from Spellbinders dies. I guess I figure they're such a pain in the butt to open, I might as well re-use them. So, I grabbed one of the blister packs that had been cut on all three sides, leaving one side still attached. This became a masking folder! I pulled out my very old pinking sheers and cut down one of the sides. The other side I left alone. I slid a piece of Mixed Media 140 lb. cardstock into the folder, positioned so that the the straight side would form a horizontal line between the sky and grass in my scene. I then cut a circle from some plastic mask stuff (Mask Magic?) that I had and positioned it in the upper left to become the sun.
London Blue Dylusions Spray was sprayed over the cardstock, which had already been sprayed with water, to become the sky. I mopped up the excess with a tag to use another day. Then I grabbed a carwashing sponge that I had cut apart, dabbed it onto Worn Lipstick Distress Ink pad (I first typed "Worm Lipstick" -- ewwwww!), then dabbed it through the wet blue ink to add some pink undertones to the sky. When I was happy with the result, I lifted the plastic circle mask, removed the piece from its blister-pack folder, and heat set it with my underpowered, seriously irritating heat tool.
When it was finally dry (500 hours later), I slid the sky part into the blister-pack folder, this time with the pinked edge showing and sprayed Fresh Lime and Cut Grass Dylusions sprays over the pinked edge onto the cardstock. Some water was misted over the greens, then the cardstock was pulled out of the folder and heat set.
Meanwhile, awhile back I had die cut some thick cardstock with Poppystamps' Grassland Border die and put it aside, so I grabbed it and started to sponge Mown Grass and Pine Needles Distress ink over the negative area of the die cut onto the "grass". When I was happy with the look, I washed my hands to prepare for the next step, which was to sponge Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink in the circle to become the circle. Being me, I couldn't stop there, so I grabbed my Time Travel stencil by The Crafter's Workshop and sponged Wild Honey ink through that onto the circle. Then I grabbed my Sunburst stencil from The Crafter's Workshop and sponged Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, and Dried Marigold Distress ink onto the sun. Gosh. I love stencils.
Now my background was done and it was on to the next part! I stamped the Resilient Woman by Susana Loves Stamps onto both Neenah cardstock and a piece of subtle dotted patterned paper from the Beautiful Moments 6x6 pad by Carta Bella using Tuxedo Black Memento ink. They were both colored with Copic markers, which I'll list below. When I was done, I fussy cut the dress only from the patterned paper and the full image of the one stamped on plain cardstock. The dress was adhered to the woman, then she was added to the grassy scene.
Chitchat stickers by Ideology were edged with a black Copic marker then adhered to scene.
Black cardstock was die cut with Garden Corners dies by SCACD and adhered to three corners of the card to finish it.
If you've read this whole thing, pat yourself on the back. If not, it's cool too. I know I'm nausea-inducingly verbose...and darn proud of it. *giggle*
Thanks for visiting today!
Copic markers used:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, E21, BV00
Hair: E23, E25 Ed27, E59
Dress: RV000, RV91, R93
I shall enter this in the following challenges:
• Paper Crafting Journey: Anything Goes
• Through the Craftroom Door: #53 "Anything Goes"