Monday, June 12, 2017

What's Up?

This month the Stampotique Design Team is pleased to be collaborating with Eileen Hull's Design Team. We were supplied die-cuts from Eileen Hull's wonderful line of Sizzix dies and were to use them in conjunction with Stampotique's stamps.



You can probably tell that my card was inspired by movie "Up!". Skull Balloons (Arwen McCullen) were stamped multiple times with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Crafts), colored with Copic markers, fussy-cut, and edged with a black marker. The plethora of Skull Balloons were set aside while I set to work with the house die-cut.

Owl with Wings was stamped twice with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, then trimmed so that the eyes would fit behind the house's windows. The Owl'eyes and the backgrounds were colored with Copic markers and set aside to watch over the Skull Balloons.

 Alpha Background was stamped with Brick Red Distress Oxide ink Ranger), then the letters that I needed for my sentiment were punched with my handy-dandy Small Rectangle Paper Shaper punch (EK Success).

I initially sponged pink and grey Archival inks onto the house die-cut, but the paper ended up pilling. Luckily Carbon Black and Titanium White Media Fluid Acrylic (MFA) paints (DecoArt) rescued the house. The paint was heat set, reapplied, then heat set again. Actually, the pilling might have caused one of those "happy accidents" because the house gained a bit more age and texture. The windows, roof ruffles, chimney, and door were also painted with Media Fluid Acrylic (MFA) paints.

When the paint was dry, Neverending Wall, Small was stamped onto the house with Watering Can Archival ink (Ranger), then dried with a heat gun. The house was assembled, the  Alpha Background sentiment was adhered, and dimensional foam tape was added to the reverse.

I found some cloudy patterned blue cardstock in my stash, which was cut to serve as my card front. Black thread was adhered to the back of each Skull Balloon, then the Skull Balloons were adhered to the card front with dimensional foam adhesive squares. The house was adhered over the balloons' thread strings and a silver metallic pearl was added to the door to act as a door knob.

The card front was edged with my beloved Black Soot Distress ink (Ranger), then adhered to a blue card.

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment