Friday, February 8, 2013

Susana Loves Stamps -- Release Day!!!

Today SCACD releases the sequel to the oh so popular Oddly Sweet Curiosities collection!!!

Susana Loves Stamps is proud to introduce the fun and fresh Oddly Sweet Curiosities Sets 3 and 4 !!! These sets contain some of the cutest little Curiosities, each with a matching sentiment. These curious creatures will enchant you with their combination of cuteness and humor. So pick up one set or the entire collection so you can mix and match the sentiments and the Curiosities. These are fab and definitely year around fun!!!

Remember that our international friends can order their new Oddly Sweet Curiosities stamps from Quixotic Paperie!

In honor of this fun new release, the SCACD is having a Blog Hop that is sure to inspire you! You should have gotten here from Melanie's blog, where I'm sure she delighted you with some fabulous artwork! If you get lost along the way, stop at SCACD's store blog, Follow Your Heart, for the full roster!

Here's my first card featuring The Spotlight, though I call him Sharky.


Isn't The Spotlight/Sharky terrific? I love him and I love the sentiment that comes with him. It's cute, funny, and the tiniest bit sassy. Whenever I look at Sharky, I think of Michigan J Frog singing "Hello My Baby". So this card became a little theatre scene. Sharky was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored with Copic markers, which I'll list below. He was also stamped onto Eclipse tape, cut out, and masked so that I could airbrush a background. I used removable Scotch Tape to mask the areas for the spotlight, background, and stage.

The curtains are patterned paper from the Lost & Found 3: Ruby 6x6 pad by My Mind's Eye. It's on sale now. Sales are good. I used a Spellbinders Nestabilities die to create the side curtains and a Fiskar's border punch to create the top curtain. I wanted to add some glitz to the curtains, so I edged 'em with Golden Glitz Delicata Pigment ink. If you haven't tried this ink and want/need an awesome gold ink pad, you should buy it. Then you can thank me 'cause it's the polite thing to do.

The Ornate Hinge Die by SCACD was used to die cut gold metallic paper, which I used for the curtain's tie backs. This die is very intricate, cuts beautifully, and is incredibly versatile. I loves it. Lots.

The sentiment was stamped with Onyx Black VersaFine ink, which is my ink of choice when stamping small ornate fonts.

I thought I still needed another touch of gold, so I used my new Delicate Chain Die Cut by Memory Box to anchor the sentiment.

Now for my next card that showcases Loves me? from the Oddly Sweet Curiosities Set #3.


Isn't this little monster too cute? I just love his expression and his flower. He was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored with Copic markers, which I'll list below. I die cut the image panel using Spellbinders Nestabilities Wonky Rectangles and kept the cardstock in the die while I added the dotty background. When I was done, I added Clear Gelly Roll Glaze pen to his horns and Glossy Accents to his eyes. Then I put it aside to dry while I made some chicken soup for the sick hubby.

Here's a close-up of the colored OSC monster!


The patterned papers are from two different 6x6 pads, but they coordinated really nicely! Gotta love that. The floral, black & white circle, and yellow papers are from the Soho Garden 6x6 pad. The striped paper is from the Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic 6x6 pad. Both pads are by American Crafts, which might be why the colors worked so well together.

The hilarious sentiment that comes with this particular OSC monster was stamped with Onyx Black VersaFine ink onto patterned paper, then die cut with a ribbon-slide die. I used a layered strip of patterned paper as ribbon, which was adhered at either edge and popped up in the middle with dimensional adhesive. The stamped panel was adhered the same way. I used strong adhesive in the four corners of the Wonky Rectangle and used dimensional adhesive in the center.

Heart shaped rhinestones were added to the four corners of the die panel and to the upper left corner.

Thanks for visiting today and be sure to hop along to Mary's Blog. She's a Guest Star and I'm sure she'll wow you with her creations!

Copic markers used:
Sharky's body: T series and BG10, BG70 on his belly
Sharky's mouth: RV95, R99
Sharky's top hat and shoes: N series plus C0, C00
Sharky's bow ties: R24, R37, R59
Sharky's cane and the floor: E21, E23, E25, E27
Spotlight: Y0000, Y000, Y00 (airbrushed)

Loves Me?
Body: BG11, BG23, BG34
Cheeks: RV52
Eyes & Horns: YG21, YG23
Spikes: Y21, Y23, Y26
Flower: RV52, RV63,R66, RV29
Grass: YG11, YG13, YG17
Sky: RV0000, RV000, B0000, B000, Custom Less-than B21

12 comments:

  1. these are too cute - love the shark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is just so fabulous! I love how you created the stage and spotlight effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is just so fabulous! I love how you created the stage and spotlight effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is just so fabulous! I love how you created the stage and spotlight effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and the second card is just so sweet! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow on both of these....love your air brushing....awesome job..tfs

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun images these are? I love the playful feel of these cards. Great job, as always!
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun cards, Kathi! Great coloring and designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, lord love a duck, these are soooo cute! ;^)
    Love both images and sentiments--they made me giggle. And giggling is good, just like sales are. Love that stage design--very creative. Love the papers, and the way you created the curtain and the spotlight is fab! And your papers on the second card are so pretty together! Love your coloring on both of these, Kathi! Great job! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad I didn't miss your cards. They are so adorable. Great coloring and layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both adorable but absolutely adore the curtains and the stage for Sharky! Brilliant and I love your coloring on him, the whole thing is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey girlfriend, I've been catching up on all of your beautiful creations! And congrats on joining the SCACD Team - you make a great fit! These images are adorable and love your card colors/designs!

    ReplyDelete