Sunday, February 10, 2013

Kenny K's Krafty Krew: Challenge #130!

Since Valentine's Day is coming up this week, Kenny K's Krafty Krew's Challenge #130 is "To the One I Love!"

The first sponsor is Kenny K's Digital Downloads, with a prize of five digi stamps!


The second sponsor is Marianne Designs. The prize is a fabulous stamp and die set.


Here's my card for the challenge!


I decided that I wanted to use East Side Story for the challenge. It's obviously a riff (pun intended) on West Side Story, which is one of my favorite musicals.

I printed the digital stamp out on Neenah cardstock and colored it with my Copic markers. This was my first time coloring such a detailed scene and I'm quite sure that I messed up the cast shadows and perspective, especially on the fire escape. Oh well. Such is life. I used way too many markers to list, but if you have any questions, I did jot down the ones I used for the characters. I added some Clear Gelly Roll Stardust Pure Glitter pen to the windows on the buildings and subway train. I added some Clear Gelly Roll Glaze pen to her eyes.

Since the scene is fairly busy, I opted to use a clean design with a minimum of layered patterned papers. I used one sheet from the Love Story 6x6 pad by Echo Park together with some old Origins black/grey paper by Basic Grey. Ribbon from my stash as well as ancient photo corners finished the card.

Thanks for visiting today.

This card shall be entered in the following challenges:

Digistamps for Joy Challenge #60: Romance is in the Air
Fab N Funky Challenges #157: Valentines/Hearts
Simon Says "Have a Heart"
Stampin' Royalty Challenge #162: Valentines/Love
Celebrate the Occasion Challenge #98: Valentine card with a ribbon
Crazy Amigo Challenge Hearts
Party Time Tuesdays #106: Love & Romance

13 comments:


  1. This card is so cute and beautiful.
    Thanks fot join us at DigiStamps4Joy.
    Hope you join us next time.

    Greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is so sweet, what a cute card, Love the image you went for, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card. The digi image is so fun. Thank you so much for joining us at Digistamp4joy. Hope you join us next time too.
    Pam
    Digistamps4joy DT member
    Personal blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, I love the fun image and fabulous colours.

    Thank you for taking part in the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge this week
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your coloring is awesome! Wouldn't change a doggone thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a cool & fun scene! Your coloring looks great! Also loving the photo corners as accents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card!!! Love the comic type image!!!!
    Thank you for joining CTO this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card and colouring! Thanks for joining us at DS4J.
    Margy (owner Digistamps4joy)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love love that scene, your coloring is great. Thanks for joining us at PTT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathi, this image is so darling and complicated to color--but you did a great job! Love the simple design & pretty papers you chose for this! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning! I love the image! Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous fun card Kathi, so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete