Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February Bombshell Sketch -- Take 2

So, the other card (see below)was "inspired by" the sketch. This one is closer to it.

Here's the sketch again.


Here's my second take on the sketch.


This card (and the last one) show where my head and heart would like to be -- namely on a beach with the hubby, drinking a nice tropical drink. Or six.

This one uses the Tiki Party set by Bombshell Stamps. It's a fun one and very versatile. There are two tiki dudes, a tiki torch, some bamboo, tropical drinks, flames, and some sentiments. I didn't use the sentiment and computer generated my own for Valentine's Day since it's so close and I haven't decided which card to use.

Shockingly, I colored it with Copics, which I will not list below. It's a short list of E4 series for the tiki dudes and torches with some touches of BG1s and some R20s. I did touch up one of the red thingies with a Spica pen. I grabbed some burlap, cut it to size, stapled it to brown cardstock, then added my stamped and edged pieces. Two red heart brads were used to finish it up. Oh yeah. The flames were stamped with Cantaloupe Memento and colored with Copics.

Can you believe how short this post is? I can't. Wow.

So I'll add to it to tell you to use your Bombshell Stamps and the sketch to make a project and submit it to win a free set. If you don't have any Bombshell Stamps, why the heck not? But I'll tell you a secret. You can get some freebie digis by using the secret password "newsletter" here! But you should get the newsletter because it's so brilliantly written and edited. Just sayin'. Is all. (Bay! I miss you!).

I'll also add the little fact that you should apply to become a Bombshell Pin-up and have the chance to work with me. If that's not enough (and it should be), you also will get a free set of stamps and a generous discount during your month's reign. Details are here.

Now that I've made this post longer, I'll bid you adieu. "Adieu!"

Thanks for visiting again today.

3 comments:

  1. This card is fabulous, too, Kathi! Love the images and sentiment on this. Great take on your sketch (well, it should be, right?), and I really love the texture you added with that burlap! Way cool! :^)
    Hugs again, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of burlap and the sketch works so well for this too - love it! Now I have a yearning for a tropically flavoured cocktail and some beach time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute, the tiki stamps are a fun take on the theme

    ReplyDelete