Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bombshell Gift Bag & Notepad

Hi all,
I had another crafting mishap on Friday. I finished the cover for the Notepad and went to spray it with Super Seal® to seal and protect it. All the red from the rose ran! That hadn't happened to me before with that spray, so I was seriously bummed. I think because I hadn't used the spray in a while, the solvent part of the spray got concentrated in the initial burst, causing the Copic marker to run. Whatever happened, I had to re-do it because I'm a Virgo.

This gift bag and notepad set are part of a belated gift for my daughter's friend, Kris. Kris drove for several years before my daughter and drove her all over. When my daughter was learning to parallel park, I found myself at my wits' end, so we called Kris, who drove to meet us (after my daughter scraped a fence with my back bumper in the parking lot of a church). She set the cones and patiently taught my daughter to parallel park, do the "K" turn properly (which was NOT the way I had been having her do it), back up in a straight line. She was most instrumental in saving my sanity while aiding my daughter to pass her road test first time out!

Anyways, the card that will house the gas card (the gift) is below. This notepad and the card will go in the gift bag.

Gift Bag with Note Pad:



Gift Bag (close-up):


Note Pad (close-up):


The "K" on the gift bag is from a set of Chip Chatter chipboard letters that I've had for awhile. I inked it with Distress Ink, then coated it with a layer of clear Crackle Paint, and left it to dry overnight. When it was dry, I inked it with three colors of Distress Ink which settled into the cracks. Nifty!

The stamps used on the bag and the notepad are from Bombshell Stamps' Man's Ruin (skull with rose), Dead Necessities (corner flourish and long flourish), and Rose's Portrait (small rose) sets. I also used the Classic Tattoo Font.

The images were all stamped onto cream colored cardstock and colored with Copic markers. Distress Inks were used to age and edge the pieces.

I hope that Kris likes her notepad, card, and gift bag (which really DO match each other in real life!

Thanks for visiting today!

5 comments: