Monday, October 16, 2017

A Moving Halloween Card!

I've been MIA with dental woes and just a lot of not-so-fun life stuff. But I'm back and I have good news! I'm now on the design team for The Stamp Doctor! I've never been really good at paper engineering (all that pesky measuring and math stuff), but love cards that move and have interesting folds, so I was delighted to get my hands on the Flip Flop die.

Here's my first project (and my first video), using the Flip Flop die (The Stamp Doctor) with Kitty Skirt (Stampendous) and the Mini Branches Reversed stencil (The Crafter's Workshop).


Here's the unopened card:

And the opened card:


Kitty Skirt was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Crafts), colored with Copic markers, then trimmed to fit the card.

Cardstock was die-cut with the Flip Flop die, folded per the enclosed directions, then Black Soot Distress ink (Ranger) was sponged over the Mini Branches Reversed stencil. Old crusty Remnant Rubs (Idea-ology) were used to add the "Happy Halloween) sentiment and the dangling spider. A piece of old Graphic 45 cardstock provided the cat Halloween quote. 

The panel was adhered to the front of the card, all edges were sponged with Black Soot Distress ink, and I called it done. I could NOT believe how quick and easy it was to create a moving card with the Flip Flop die. You definitely need to get this die now and to check out all the other fabulous dies and stamps available at The Stamp Doctor!

Thanks for visiting today.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new gig ! Well done ! Love this card, looks very complicated !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete