So without further ado, here is the first ATC, with Stampotique's Snowy (Kira Nichols).
Snowy was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Tsukineko/Imagine crafts), colored with Copic markers, fussy-cut, then edged with a black marker.
An Inkssentials Metal Foil sheet (Ranger) was die-cut with a Labels Eight Nestabilities die (Spellbinders). A Gold-colored metal sheet was first cut with one of the dies from the D-Lites ATC Shapeabilities set (Spellbinders), then an aperture was cut from it with the same Labels Eight Nestabilities die used to die-cut Snowy. Snowy was inset into the ATC, holes were poked at the top, and gold thread was threaded through the holes. This was set aside for a little while.
140 lb. Mixed Media cardstock (Strathmore) was die-cut with one of the aforementioned D-Lites ATC dies, then painted with Dark Grey Value 3 Media Fluid Acrylic (MFA) paint (DecoArt). A small scoop of White Media Modeling Paste (DecoArt) was scooped onto a plastic lid, a few drops of Medium Grey Value 6 was mixed into the paste, then spread over the Bricks stencil (The Crafter's Workshop), and allowed to dry.
While it was drying, I cut a very thin strip of the gold metal sheet and ran it through my Dymo Label Maker to create the sentiment.
When that step was completed, the tinted Media Modeling paste was dry. I poked a hole in the top, stuck a brad into it, hung the gold framed mirrored Snowy from the brad, and put the sentiment strip over top of the threads. The edges of this piece were sponged with Black Soot Distress ink (Ranger) and the piece was matted onto a black ATC.
The ATC would have gotten lonely on its long trip to Australia, so I created a card to go with it.
Here's a jpg of that very card which features one of the dwarfy gnomes from Stampotique's Three Dwarfy Gnomes (Kira Nichols).
Stampotique's Three Dwarfy Gnomes (Kira Nichols) was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Tsukineko/Imagine crafts) and colored with Copic markers. I used my markers to draw in grass and to add a cloudy sky.
The Dwarfy Gnome image panel was die-cut with some Nestabilities dies set or another, then matted onto yellow patterned paper from Cupcake, an old Basic Grey collection. The next layers of Cucake patterned paper were also die-cut with that set, then adhered to the card front. The yellow patterned paper was also die-cut with a stitched borders included in the Blueprints Two die set (Die-namics). The sentiment was computer generated, then die-cut with one of the dies from the Stitched Speech Bubble Edges (Die-namics). A very old buckle die (QuicKutz) was used to die-cut gold metallic cardstock. The buckle was added to the stitched ribbon, the speech bubble was adhered to the top of the card front, the card front was likely sponged with some Distress ink, then mounted on the yellow card.
Thanks for visiting today!