Friday, August 29, 2014

Just Chillin'

This week's challenge at Outlawz Alcohol Markers Challenges is Anything Goes and/or Christmas.
Outlawz Alcohol Markers Challenges is now a coloring challenge! You can use alcohol markers, other markers, colored pencils, and any other coloring medium. The only requirement is that you color an open line image!

August's sponsor for the Outlawz Friday's Coloring Challenges is Bombshell Stamps. The winner of this month's challenge will win his or her choice of a digital set of stamps.

You should definitely enter this challenge and should also visit my Outlawz Coloring Challenge Teamies' blogs for inspiration! Carla, Dawn, and Penny are seriously talented!

Here's my card using one of the penguins from Kraftin' Kimmie's Just Chillin' set.


The penguin was stamped using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored with Copic markers. When I was done, he took a ride through my Big Kick and was die-cut with a Nestabilities Square die by Spellbinders. The image panel stayed in the die and Old Paper Distress ink was sponged over the die using the fabulous Mini Ink Blending Tool. I now have all of the Mini Distress inks (yahoo!) and discovered something really useful! The Replacement Mini Ink Blending Foams fit inside the back of the cute little ink pads, so my plan is to have a foam for each color!  Stuff like that makes my Virgo-self really happy. It's the "ducks in a row" thing applied to inkpads.

I digressed, but at least my digression shared useful info! Now back to my card... I popped the image panel out of the die and used my Stardust Clear Glitter pen to add some sparkle to the ice under the penguin. When the ink was dry, I used the Clear Gelly Glaze pen to the ice, the penguin's beak, and his eyes. I built up several layers of Clear Gelly Glaze to add glassy dimension and shine. My Quickie Glue pen was used to add glue to adhere White Fun Flock to the pom-poms on the penguin's hat and scarf. In looking at the card, I should have added the Fun Flock to the hat's brim too. Oh well.

Here's a close-up so you can see the glassy shine and dimension of the ice and the fuzziness of the flock, which is whiter irl.

The patterned papers are really old, from the Jovial 6x6 pad by Basic Grey. I followed Papertake Weekly's Sketch #88. The flag is from the Fishtail Stax by Die-Namics. The sentiment is by Rubber Soul. It was die-cut using a die by Just-Rite, kept in the die, and sponged with Old Paper Distress ink.

Here's the sketch!



Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card into the following challenges:

5 comments:

  1. Adorable card, Kathi! Love the papers, layout and sweet image! Great design! I really need to get going on my Christmas cards! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too cute Kathi :) Love the image and so well coloured - looks fab with those papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch, Kathi! Love the various papers you chose; and that darling penguin is wonderfully colored and accented! Love him! :^)
    Really good idea on the blending foams for those lucky enough to have the mini Distress inks! :^)
    Hope you have a great weekend! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an adorable penguin winter card! Thank you for joining us at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet and adorable! I love that little guy! Thank you for playing in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com! Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete