Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bombshell Stamps May Celebrations Hump Day Hop!

Alison, our lovely and talented Hump Day Hop Captain, set this month's theme, which is May Celebrations. Here's her blurb about the hop theme.

May Celebrations! May has lots of fun, interesting, and sometimes bizarre holidays. So the challenge is to pick one of these holidays, and make a project out of it. Here's a link that will give you lots of ideas.

You should have arrived here from my good pal, the gob-smackingly creative Glittery Katie's blog. If not, the full hop list is below. Because I'm nice like that.

I chose to celebrate birds, especially since Spring migration is still in full swing.

Here's my cardm which was actually finished on time. Woot!!!!!

I've used the swallows from the Love & Luck set. I love that this set includes both right and left facing birds. It's getting close to Father's Day, so I'm in the mood to make masculine cards, so out came the Classic Coupe from the King of the Road set from the Hot Rod collection. I also used the banner from that set because I wanted the birds to have something to do, namely hold the banner.

The car, swallows, and banner were colored with Copic markers. The swallows' beaks and eyes were accented with Glaze pens. I used a silver Prismacolor pencil on the car's grill and all that metal stuff, then blended it out with my dwindling supply of Eco-house Citrus Thinner. Pearl Paint near me closed, so I need to find a new supplier.

The patterned paper is from the Global 6x6 pad by 7 Gypsies. I don't know if you can tell, but I cut slits in the paper and slid the "road" into them. I think it looks cool and is one of those dumb little details that make me happy.

Thanks for visiting today!

Here's the list:
Bombshell Blog
Alison
Susie
Cassie
Jodi
Mary G
Sparkly Mary
Kim
Emily
Torrey
Rachael
Jennie
Kapree
Kelli
Glittery Katie
Kathi I'm the end of the road. :D

I shall enter this in the following challenge(s).
Simon Says Stamp & Show: One for the Boys

14 comments:

  1. Clever idea to hvae the birds holding the banner! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you combined your images and that map behind them is perfect. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally rad, el Capitain! It all goes together so nicely!! It just goes to show you...it is TOTALLY possible make a masculine card with cute little birds on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathi, what a great masculine card! Love the paper and the coloring on the birds and car; and the idea with the road was really cool!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the patterned paper blocs and colors you used. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Kathi :-)

    thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp DT call and Good Luck :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I love the sparrows holding the banner. Great coloring and patterned paper choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool and love the map paper...so masculine and perfect for your design.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT!!! Love that paper! Awesomeness all around here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card - reminds me of the good old days - and the Gangster movies - so cool

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card, Kathi! Love the colours and how you did the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got some cool stamps! I love the car and the birds w/ the banner! Of course your coloring rocks it and so does the design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, my hubby would love that hotrod image! Love your card Kathi!

    ReplyDelete