"Think shimmer, shine, or sparkle. Add something "blingy" to your project this week."If you'd like the chance to win your choice of $30 worth of Stampotique stamps, you should play along with this challenge. Visit Stampotique Designers Challenge blog and be sure to read the rules so that you'll have the chance to win that great prize!!! Remember to check to see the deadline for all of this month's Stampotique Designers Challenges!
Here's my glittery, shimmery, shiny card using Patterned Circles (Arwen McCullen), Alpha Background (Arwen McCullen), and Agatha's Parrot (Magda Polakow).
Patterned Circles was stamped onto 140 lb. Mixed Media cardstock (Strathmore) using Onyx Black VersaFine ink (Imagine Crafts), then heat embossed with Clear Detail embossing powder (Ranger). Agatha's Parrot was then stamped with Onyx Black VersaFine ink using a stamp positioner to perch him on one of the center circles. He was then heat embossed with Clear Detail embossing powder. The Patterned Circles and Agatha's Parrot were colored using PrismaColor markers because I didn't want to risk ruining my beloved Copics.
When I was done coloring Patterned Circles and Agatha's Parrot, a VersaMarker pen (Imagine Crafts) was used to cover the images with embossing ink. Polysparkle embossing powder (Ranger) was heat set. This process was repeated three times to add shiny, dimensional, and glittery look to Patterned Circles and Agatha's Parrot.
Sketch and Wash pencil (General) was used to add a horizon to the image panel, then the top part of the image was covered with Post-It Notes. Hickory Smoke Distress ink (Ranger) was sponged over the bottom part of the image panel, the sponged again over the stencil included with the NK Studio Urban Scribble Foam and Cling Stamp set (Stampendous).
The Post-It Notes were removed and placed over the bottom portion of the image panel. Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink was sponged over the top portion of the image, then over the Bubbles stencil (Stampers Anonymous). Apparently, I had forgotten to clean the stencil, so a bit of blue ink ended up in the mix. Fossilized Amber Distress ink was then sponged over the stencil to add a bit of contrast.
Since the challenge theme is Bling It On, Royal Peacock Fire Glitz Spray (Lindy's Stamp Gang), was sprayed over the entire image panel to add additional shimmer. I figured more glitter was needed, so Black Diamond Stickles glitter glue (Ranger) was added to the edges of the image panel. Then I was a good me and let it sit for several hours to dry.
While it was drying, Alpha Background was stamped several times with Onyx Black VersaFine ink. I was thrilled to discover that my small rectangle Paper Shaper punch (EK Success) was (almost) the perfect fit for the letters in the Alpha Background . I punched out the letters I needed for my sentiment, touched them up with a grey Copic marker, then adhered them to the image panel.
The piece still needed more glitter, sparkle, shimmer, and shine, so I used glitter paper to mat the image panel, then adhered the matted image panel to a white card. A strand of rhinestone jewels was added to Agatha's Parrot's beak to finish the card.
Thanks for visiting today!
I shall enter this card into the following challenges:
• Moving Along with the Times Challenges: Birds or Feathers
• Addicted to Stamps and More: Make Your Mark
• Crafty Cardmakers Challenges: Things with Wings